- Assist the teachers in the classroom
- Interact with the children through games, songs, drawings and workshops
- Help take care of the children
- Play with the children in the kindergarten’s playground during breaks and when the teachers need to work alone
- Help to plan the activities in the kindergarten
- Teach the children numbers, the alphabet in Spanish, their first English words etc.
- Help the older children do educational activities on the computer
- Maintain personal contact and be a role model for the kids
- Offer advice if necessary
- Help the two teachers cook and serve the food, clean and do the dishes, or any other tasks there are to be done such as assisting in the maintenance and repair of the kindergarten.
During the introduction meeting your working hours and days will be discussed and if you want to work more it’s possible. However once you commit to working more hours you have to respect the schedule you have chosen and never miss work. You should always work the minimum number of hours required and in some cases the NGO also recommends a maximum number of hours. Please remember you will also use time travelling to and from your project.
Arriving on a Friday gives you time to get settled and ready to start project work on the following Monday.
You can stay at one of the two Milhouse Hostels that are centrally located in Buenos Aires. Choose between a 6-bed dorm or a private room, both with an ensuite bathroom. The hostels have a lively backpacker community with good facilities.
Arrival transfer is included. Daily public transportation; subway, train and bus to Jose Leon Suarez neigbourhood which takes around 1 hr and 30 mins. Villa 21, Barracas you can reach by subway and bus, which takes 30 mins.
Breakfast is included during your whole stay.