You will have plenty of free time to go explore Split, take a stroll around your surroundings, catch the most important sites, interact with the locals or simply relax! And of course, you will have your weekends off as well!
Accommodation is dormitory at En Route Hostel; a very central hostel in Split. The 18- or 22-beds rooms are female only or mixed, and are huge (with a lot of privacy). Bedding and towels are provided (Small towels 45x80). Bathrooms are shared but separated by gender. There is free WiFi and lockers for storing belongings, and also a communal space with a TV, computers, games, etc.
En Route Hostel is very close to the center of the city. Around the corner is the restaurant where volunteers have meals. There are also plenty of other restaurants nearby. The hostel is also 12-15 min walk from a sandy beach. Right in front, there is a large supermarket that is open until 21:00 every day. The pharmacy, hospital, and laundromat are within walking distance.
Pick-up at the airport is included.
Transport between accommodation and volunteer project location is not included but local staff will accompany you to your project on your first day.
Breakfast, lunch and dinner is included (Local style. Vegetarian, gluten-free and meals for lactose-intolerant are also available upon request.) On Sundays and Mondays, the restaurant at the hostel closes early, which means you need to eat there before 17:00 or pack dinner for later. There is also a well-equipped kitchen in the hostel that is available to make your own meals.
- Three meals a day, everyday: breakast, lunch and dinner (Vegetarian, gluten-free and meals for lactose-intolerant are also available upon request.)
- Responsible guided city tour (2 hours.)
- Allocation to a non-profit and placement coordination on the first day of volunteering.
- Materials for the volunteer activities.
- All diving equipment necessary.
- Diving classes and instructors.
- Diving certifications appropriate to your diving experience.
- Free maps, city guides and the best tips to discover the city!
- Support 24/7 (365 days a year at anytime.)