The University of International Business and Economics (UIBE) is one of China’s most prominent multi-disciplinary universities with an outstanding reputation in the fields of international trade, international law, finance, business management and foreign languages. UIBE is the largest University offering English taught programmes to overseas students on different levels. Most professors have overseas experience and strong capabilities in teaching and researching.
Why study at UIBE
- Many programmes taught entirely in English on different levels
- Study in the heart of one of Asia’s premier political, cultural, technological, art and education centers
- Study at one of Chinas most prominent business universities
- Flexible programme structure
- Taught by prominent professors of UIBE who have overseas study or teaching experience
- Effective mix of teaching methods
- Up-to-date teaching materials
- Excursions to relevant organisations or places in and around Beijing
- Live and study in a truly international environment
- Counselling and support by fulltime, on-site programme coordinator
- An official UIBE diploma and transcript for the courses taken
- Excellent apartment style accommodation near the university campus
Founded in 1951, UIBE is a national key university under the leadership of the Chinese Ministry of Education, and part of the prestigious “Project 211”, a governmental programme aimed at developing 100 Chinese universities into exceptionally high quality academic institutions in the 21st century.
UIBE ranks within the top-5 universities in China for its programmes in international business, and second of all Chinese universities for the employability of its graduates. It is the only Chinese university that offers career services to its international students.
Location of UIBE in Beijing
The University of International Business and Economics(UIBE) is located in the north-east of Chaoyang District, between the Third and Fourth Ring road, and surrounded by a number of other universities. Chaoyang District is Beijing’s most diverse, internationally oriented, business intensive district. UIBE is well located next to Beijing’s main business and entertainment centers, and well connected to the public transportation system. It takes around 30 minutes to travel to the city center, Tiananmen Square and the Forbidden City.
Facilities at UIBE
Internet, liberary, gym, restaurants, printing shops, phone shops, computer shops, cafeteria, post office, convenience stores, stadiums and professional playground for sports such as badmintons, tennis, ping pong, basketball, football etc. The first-class swimming pool is being built and expected to be finished in 2015.
UIBE students are offered accommodation in apartments which are 10-15 minute walk from the campus of UIBE. The community where the apartments are located is home to a large number of not only local Beijing residents but also many international students of UIBE from different countries and regions. A standard apartment is exclusively for international students with shared living/dining room, kitchen, toilet, wifi internet, washing machine and fridge, free cleaning service etc.