Location is vital for most musicians, and BIMM London is situated right at the heart of the music scene. There are thousands of opportunities on our doorstep, thanks to an energetic live scene and music industry connections. More than half of the music industry in England is based in London. Not only can you study in London. BIMM also has campuses in Brighton, Dublin, Manchester, Berlin and Hamburg!
Whether it’s learning inside the classroom, in a studio, on stage or at a festival, BIMM provides students with all the opportunities they need to achieve their goals through connecting and interacting with the music industry in real-world scenarios.
9 good reasons to study at BIMM Institute
- England, Germany or Ireland: BIMM has campuses not only in amazing London, but you can also study at campuses in: Brighton, Manchester, Birmingham, Berlin, Hamburg (Germany) and in Dublin (Ireland).
- Networking: Working life is based around working with others - friends, band members, colleagues or even strangers. The music industry is heavily based on making contacts and networking!
- The BIMM album is a compilation of 10-15 of the best tracks submitted by BIMM London students. The album is distributed widely. It is our students chance to make a master recording with top producers and experience the A&R process first hand with our artist development team.
- Career Advice and Guidance: At BIMM you will get a special connectivity to the music industry with unique work-based learning opportunities within the industry, such as internships and work placements. Recent masterclasses have included: Robert Trujilo (Metalica), Nick Mason (Pink Floyd) and Ed O’Brien (Radiohead)
- The ’Careers and Industry Hub’ plays host to some of the most exciting guests the music industry has to offer. Whether it’s a talk by a global media giant, a specialist networking event or coffee with a cool independent artist, BIMM endeavour to give students the best career-centric experience possible.
- Live Experience: As well as in the classroom, BIMM students have the opportunity to participate in regular live concerts and showcases held around London
- Song Circles offers budding singer- songwriters the opportunity to showcase their tunes in an intimate environment with an audience of song lovers, fellow students and musicians and possibly even some industry guests.
- 77% of graduates are working within six months of leaving BIMM.
- BIMM graduates include James Bay, The Kooks, Izzy Bizu, Ed Drewitt (Songwriter -One Direction, Olly Murs, Little Mix), Jordan Whitmore (A&R Atlantic Records) and Natasha Bent (Coda Music Agency - Take That, Disclosure, The Prodigy, Jess Glynne, Bastille, Ellie Goulding and Imagine Dragons).
Campus life at BIMM Institute
BIMM students all share a passion for music; whether for performance, production, songwriting or entrepreneurship, BIMM students form a creative community that gives them the best opportunity to get the most out of their talent through networking - not only with each other, but with industry and other guests who visit the college.
Each BIMM campus provides state-of-the-art professional facilities, with equipment and software provided by the world’s leading musical instrument manufacturers who actively support and endorse BIMM. It is located in Fulham with Universal Music Publishing right at their doorstop and just a stone's throw from Stamford Bridge - home of the football club Chelsea F.C.
Student accommodation in London
BIMM Institute offers no accommodation on campus, but luckily there are several other great options to choose from.
Students find their own accommodation, and to help them do this quickly and easily, BIMM has compiled an 'Accommodation Advice Pack'. BIMM can also help them to contact other students who are looking to find housemates through e.g. 'The Accommodation Sharers List', which is sent to students in their Acceptance Pack.
Apply to BIMM Institute
All diploma and degree applications are made via KILROY to BIMM Institute; applicants must be auditioned before a place on a course is recommended. Applicants can choose to attend the audition/assessment in person, or submit a remote assessment (video).General English requirements for BIMM Institute are listed below:
- Diploma: IELTS 6 English Language Qualification (requirement of minimum 5.5 to be achieved in each band).
- Degree: Academic IELTS 6.5 English Language Qualification (requirement of minimum 6.0 to be achieved in each band)
We will send you the application form and help you throughout the whole application process.