At BIMM you will be part of a creative community that gives you the best opportunity to get the most out of your talent and work in one of the world’s biggest and most celebrated industries. Study either Performance (Drums, Vocals, Guitar, Bass), Music Production, Songwriting, Music Business, Event Management or Music Journalism at BIMM Institute in one of the following locations:
Whether it’s learning inside the classroom, in a studio, on stage or at a festival, BIMM provides students with all the opportunities they need to achieve their goals through connecting and interacting with the music industry in real-world scenarios.
9 good reasons to study Music at British and Irish Modern Music Institute (BIMM)
- England, Germany or Ireland: BIMM has campuses not only in amazing London, but you can also study at campuses in: Brighton, Manchester, Bristol, Birmingham, Berlin, Hamburg (Germany) and in Dublin (Ireland). More than half of the music industry in England is based in London.
- Due to our global reputation, (over 1,200 overseas students from across the world), we also attract artists from the top bands to give masterclasses (Guns N’ Roses, Metallica, Radiohead, Pink Floyd and many, many more…..). There are usually two or three masterclasses per week as well as many other student events including music industry sessions and live gigs in the city of each campus.
- As seven of our eight campuses offer the same degree courses, students can choose, if they wish, to have a two-city experience in the UK and Germany. (If a student chooses to study a one year diploma first, they can progress onto a degree course at a campus of their choice).
- Career Advice and Guidance: At BIMM you will get a special connectivity to the music industry with unique work-based learning opportunities within the industry, such as internships and work placements. Recent masterclasses have included: Robert Trujilo (Metalica), Nick Mason (Pink Floyd) and Ed O’Brien (Radiohead)
- Our degree courses are validated by one of the world’s leading universities – University of Sussex. Students graduate with a full degree from University of Sussex (BIMM is noted as the campus of study).
- Live Experience: As well as in the classroom, BIMM students have the opportunity to participate in regular live concerts and showcases held around London
- Song Circles offers budding singer- songwriters the opportunity to showcase their tunes in an intimate environment with an audience of song lovers, fellow students and musicians and possibly even some industry guests.
- From a survey of our students who graduated in 2017, 83% are working in the music and creative industries six months after graduation.
- BIMM graduates include James Bay, George Ezra, The Kooks, Izzy Bizu, Ed Drewitt (Songwriter -One Direction, Olly Murs, Little Mix), Jordan Whitmore (A&R Atlantic Records) and Natasha Bent (Coda Music Agency - Take That, Disclosure, The Prodigy, Jess Glynne, Bastille, Ellie Goulding and Imagine Dragons).
Campus life at BIMM Institute
BIMM students all share a passion for music; whether for performance, production, songwriting or entrepreneurship, BIMM students form a creative community that gives them the best opportunity to get the most out of their talent through networking - not only with each other, but with industry and other guests who visit the college.
Each BIMM campus provides state-of-the-art professional facilities, with equipment and software provided by the world’s leading musical instrument manufacturers who actively support and endorse BIMM. It is located in Fulham with Universal Music Publishing right at their doorstop and just a stone's throw from Stamford Bridge - home of the football club Chelsea F.C.
Student accommodation in London
BIMM Institute offers no accommodation on campus, but luckily there are several other great options to choose from.
Students find their own accommodation, and to help them do this quickly and easily, BIMM has compiled an 'Accommodation Advice Pack'. BIMM can also help them to contact other students who are looking to find housemates through e.g. 'The Accommodation Sharers List', which is sent to students in their Acceptance Pack.
Apply to BIMM Institute
All diploma and degree applications are made via KILROY to BIMM Institute; applicants must be auditioned before a place on a course is recommended. Applicants can choose to attend the audition/assessment in person, or submit a remote assessment (video).General English requirements for BIMM Institute are listed below:
- Diploma: IELTS 6 English Language Qualification (requirement of minimum 5.5 to be achieved in each band).
- Degree: Academic IELTS 6.5 English Language Qualification (requirement of minimum 6.0 to be achieved in each band)
We will send you the application form and help you throughout the whole application process.