Is it your big dream to get a break in the music industry? There is probably not a better investment then, than getting a solid education from Musicians Institute (MI) in Hollywood. Whether you sing, play the bass, want to write music for films and TV or just make guitars, the Musicians Institute (MI) can help you realise your dreams.
Reach out to us and receive our free study guidance about:
- Non-Certificate (5 or 10 week duration)
- Summer Short Programs (1-week duration)
- Certificate (2-3 quarters) - Entertainment Industry Certificates in Audio Engineering, Guitar Craft, Independent Artist Development or Music Business, or 6-quarter Performance Studies Certificates in Bass, Drums, Guitar, Keyboard Technology or Vocal
- Associate of Arts (specialization in either Bass, Drum, Guitar, Keyboard Technology or Vocal or 4 quarters in Performance and 2 quarters in Entertainment Industry Studies, and a specialization in your choice of Audio Engineering, Independent Artist, Guitar Craft or Music Business)
- Bachelors (Bachelor of Music with a choice of specialization in Performance or Composition
We tell you how you can finance your studies at MI in LA, which scholarships you can apply for, where you can live and anything in between.
Why study at Musicians Institute?
You will be right in the center of the music industry’s home base, with everything that comes with that in the form of knowledge, inspiration and valuable contacts. Artists from bands such as Red Hot Chii Peppers, Korn and Weezer, along with many others have been students at MI. Take a leap and send an application to MI. It could be a huge step towards an international music career.
MI does not offer campus housing but has a housing office that can help you find appropriate living for your study abroad. All students receive a living-guide with valuable information on how to find accommodation in the neighborhood, e.g. in private student-housing. MI furthermore offers to arrange accommodation in the form of home stay with families on LA.
Book your arrival package in Los Angeles
Through us, you can be sure to have the best start to your studies at Musicians Institute in Los Angeles with an arrival package. Read more about how we help you have the best start to your studies in LA here.
Apply to Musicians Institute
If Musicians Institute has caught your attention, please reach out to our student counselors. We are the official representatives for the university and we can guide you regarding any questions you may have, the application process, and all the practicalities.
MI demands a high academic level and they will evaluate your application in the light of your past and current studies, your grades and the classes that you have completed up to this point. For English, you are required to have a minimum of average to above average grade in English that is a maximum of 5 years old (Contact your local student councilor for the exact grade for your country). If you do not have this, you can also prove your English skills with a test (e.g. TOEFL).