What kind of group trips does KILROY offer?
We believe the world is best explored with other people. Our group trips is for the adventurous and young curious minds who are out to explore the world while doing it with other like-minded travel buddies. We don’t do group tours the normal way, instead we focus more on international community building in small groups, local guides and having more free time to explore on your own.
At KILROY we offer 4 different types of group trips depending on where you are in life:
- Group trips with other backpackers
- Small group adventures
- Impact Challenge
Learn more about each one below and reach out if you have questions to the different concepts.
Group trips with other backpackers
These trips are for you who are between 18-26 and would love to travel the world with other likeminded backpackers. We call these trips "Tripmates" as they consists of a maximum of 10 people from Denmark, Sweden and Norway.
If you're looking for a big adventure, but don't want to plan it yourself, then we've got you covered. We have lots of different group trips, but common for all is that it's in a group, we arrange more or less everything yet often still with room for individual exploration en route.
Because it's a group trip with a narrow age span, you can be sure to travel with likeminded backpackers, who, just like you, want to explore the world and have someone to share it with.
Short about these trips:
- Tailormade trips for young curious minds who would like to try out the backpacker lifestyle, however would like some comfort and other likeminded to share the experiences with.
- For all 18-26 years old in Denmark, Sweden and Norway.
- Average age is 20 years old and 90 % registers by themselves.
- Typically between 2 weeks and 3 months in duration.
- Good mix of adventure, relaxation, culture and fun nights out exploring the local nightlife.
- Flights, shared accommodation, activities, selected meals, local guides, community managers and carbon offsetting are included on all trips.
RE:DISCOVER is trips with a duration of 2-4 weeks with fixed departures. It's meant for you who are in your 20's and 30's, and would like to take a short break from your everyday routines, yet still hungry for attaining new skills like videography, surfing, local crafting or survival in the wild.
RE:DISCOVER gives you more than ‘just’ adventures off the beaten track. It lets you reset, reconsider, rediscover yourself and your current life position. It gives you new skills, new friends and new perspectives. It boosts your knowledge – both about yourself but also in a new topic, letting you return home refreshed and renewed with a boost of energy and confidence.
Short about RE:DISCOVER:
- Tailormade thematic trips for the curious, limit pushing and soul seeking adventurists in their 20’s and 30’s.
- Average age is 27 years old and primarily from Northern Europe.
- Between 2 and 4 weeks in duration.
- Focus on learning new skills, meeting new people and personal growth.
- Accommodation, activities and local guides are included on all trips.
Small Group Adventures
Small group adventures is very simple. You tailor your own journey together with us and where you want it, we'll hook you up with groups of likeminded backpackers. We work with many, many different suppliers who runs cool adventure tours all over the world, so we're confident that we'll find the right match for you.
These small group adventures can be anything from a few days to several months in length. What you want is entirely up to you. Perhaps you want to start your trip by traveling in a group and then continue on your own, or maybe you just want to spice up your adventure by meeting new people here and there while you're traveling. We can make anything happen more or less anywhere in the world.
- Hosted by our top notch partners
- For all over 18 years old
- Daily departures
- International community with people from all over the world
- Great variation between adventure and relaxation
You will also see several of these adventure tours included in our inspirational itineraries, which you'll find here.
KILROY Impact Challenge
The KILROY Impact Challenge focus on sustainable travel. In short, what you have to do is rally your best travel mates to go as a group or register as an individual and join a team with other likeminded adventurers! The process is simple and inclusions are basic, but you're in for one hell of an adventure exploring the great unknown as you make your way through Europe by train!
Along the way your group will be participating in fun challenges focused on impactful activities that will leave a mark on you and the communities you visit. The [un]route is completely up to you, but to make the most of your adventure we recommend planning less and going wherever the tracks take you.
The Impact Challenge ends with a bang and one huge party for all the teams that has taken part in the challenge.
Short about KILROY Impact Challenge:
- A slow travel journey with Interrail through Europe in July and August.
- You can either form your own team with a group of friends or join a KILROY team of likeminded individuals
- For all over 18 years old.
- 2 weeks in duration, however with possibility to extend it for another week.
- Focus on sustainable travel while exploring Eastern Europe and Balkan in your own pace while meeting up with other groups along the way.
- 5 day Interrail pass, a list of sustainable activities and challenges, a few nights of accommodation, online community managers and Finish line party are included.
NB: Next Impact Challenge is set for 2023.