Travel to the turquoise waters of the Caribbean Sea and join forces with the marine conservation expedition, earn your PADI diving certificate while working on and monitoring the Mesoamerican Barrier Reef, the second largest barrier reef in the world.
Here you can choose to stay from 4 weeks up to 12 weeks, but if you want to get your PADI Open Water certificate you will have to stay for a minimum of 8 weeks.
During your time here you will conduct underwater surveys as well as training sessions, lab work, marine debris removal, environmental education sessions and base duties.
Included in the program is:
- Pick-up from Cancun Airport and/or transfer to base location from Puerto Morelos.
- Safe and basic accommodation (usually shared).
- Meals while on project.
- All necessary project equipment and materials.
- All necessary project training by experienced staff.
- Community work workshop.
- Coral reef ecology.
- First aid & CPR training.
- Location orientation.
- PADI Open Water (for 8 and 12 week volunteers) and Advanced Open Water.
- Use of O2 equipment workshop.