We offer free study counseling and help you with all the practicalities such as financing, application, housing and scholarships if you wish to study a:
- Semester in Brisbane (Study Abroad)
- Bachelor in Brisbane
- Master in Brisbane
- Postgraduate Certificates/Diploma in Brisbane
- Associate Degree in Brisbane
- Pathway programs
- Ph.D. in Brisbane
Universities in Brisbane:
Brisbane is the capital city of Queensland and a popular destination among international students. The city lies in the area South East Queensland, which extends all the way from the beautiful Sunshine Coast in the north to the world famous Gold Coast in the south. The local nicknames for Brisbane are "Brissy", "Brisneyland" and "Bris Vegas" - all of which refer to the particularly relaxed lifestyle of the city. Brisbane can proudly boast a total of 261 sunny days a year and the population spend a great deal of time outdoors. There are opportunities to practice hobbies such as windsurfing, cycling, surfing, trekking and fishing throughout the year. Wether you prefer a relaxed lifestyle or an active one, you will feel right at home in Brisbane!
Student life in Brisbane - a good mix of everything
Brisbane has a lot to offer its many local and international students. Hang out by the beautiful Brisbane River - where you'll find parks and the extremely popular South Bank Beach. In the evenings, you can enjoy the city's pulsating nightlife or catch a free concert in one of Brisbane's entertainment districts. Brisbane is a quite young city in terms of population; the average age is only 33, meaning that you will meet plenty of other young and adventurous people! The city also has a rather large Asian population, resulting in an excellent selection of Asian restaurants ready for you to enjoy.
Australia is known for being a bit expensive, but Brisbane also have plenty of free or cheap activities on offer. Check out our list of top things to do in Brisbane on a tight student budget:
Climate in Brisbane
Brisbane enjoys a pleasant subtropical climate with hot, humid summers and temperate, dry winters. The hottest month is January with an average temperature of 25° C. June is the coldest, with average temperatures around 15°C. In other words, life in Brisbane is amazing all year round!
Top 8 things to do in Brisbane on a budget
- Chill out at Brisbane's number one hang out place: the South Bank Beach.
- Hop on a bus to Mt Coot-tha Lookout and enjoy the mesmerizing view of the city.
- Spend a day cruising around on Brisbane River's ferryboats.
- Enjoy the bohemian vibe and the live music at West End.
- Visit Lone Pine Koala Sanctuary and get to know some of the local wildlife.
- Go on a day trip to Gold Coast and catch some waves.
- Rock climb the Kangaroo Point Cliffs.
- Rent a stand up paddleboard (SUP) and paddle down Brisbane River.