The University of the West of England (UWE) is one of the largest and most popular universities in the UK. We offer more than 600 courses at undergraduate, postgraduate and professional level. We help you apply to the University of the West of England if you wish to study a:
- Semester or two
- Academic English
- Summer School
UWE is home to around 30,000 full and part-time students and attracts students from over 140 countries worldwide.
Get free study guidance
Why Study at University of West England?
UWE Bristol focuses on employability and strategic partnerships with global companies such as Hewlett-Packard, Airbus, Jaguar, PwC and Rolls Royce. This means we can offer our students valuable placement opportunities and industry exposure to enhance their employability.
Working in partnership also enables us to ensure that our world-class research has a direct impact on people's lives. UWE Bristol is one of the fastest growing research institutions in the UK, with over a third of our research considered to be world leading or internationally excellent.
- The Complete University Guide ranked UWE Bristol in 58th position.
- In the National Student Survey (NSS), eight of the academic subject areas scored over 90 per cent for the teaching on those courses.
- The majority of the courses are accredited by the relevant professional bodies ensuring that students graduate with up-to-date industry ready qualifications.
The most popular areas of study include Business, Law, Engineering, Finance and Life Science programmes.
Campus life at University of West England
There are 5 campuses at the University of West England.
1. Frenchay Campus is home to first class campus facilities including a 24/7 library, Sports Centre, numerous café's, bars and eateries. The Student Village and Carroll Court are both situated on Frenchay Campus where we offer guaranteed accommodation to applicants holding an offer of a place. Applications for accommodation must be received by the deadline of May for accommodation to be guaranteed.
2. Glenside Campus is home to the Faculty of Health and Life Sciences, with a range of excellent teaching facilities. It's set within a Victorian gothic structure and picturesque surroundings, which provide an inspirational and relaxing place to study.
3. St Matthias Campus is another campus which has attractive gothic style, listed buildings. Students studying there are well catered for with a variety of local shops, supermarkets, bars and cafés close by.
4. The Bower Ashton Campus is home to UWE Bristol's Creative Industries department and is set on the edge of the beautiful Ashton Court Estate, which has excellent, up-to-date facilities.
5. Hartpury College became an Associate Faculty of UWE Bristol in 1997. The college is based on a campus near Gloucester. It covers the study of agriculture, equine studies and other land-based courses.
UWE also manage private houses, situated close to Frenchay, Glenside and St Matthias Campuses. There are various options depending upon what your preferences are. The university has their own search engine, 'studentpad', which students can use to search UWE's private registered vacancies list.