Do you want to study at college in Florida? Then you've come to the right place.
The tuition fees to Hillsborough Community College are amongst the lowest in Florida and students at HCC enjoy year-round sunshine, a vibrant cultural scene and some of the best beaches in the world! HCC has five campuses located in Tampa, Florida and surrounding Hillsborough County.
Reach out to us and receive our free study guidance about studying at college in Florida. We help you with all the practicalities such as financing, housing, scholarships and the application to Hillsborough Community College if you wish to study:
- A semester or two (Study Abroad)
- An Associate Degree (after 2 years you can be transferred to university in the USA and earn a Bachelor's Degree)
...at Hillsborough Community College in Florida.
8 reasons to apply to Hillsborough Community College
- The location!! Study in year-round warm weather and close to world-class entertainment
- Low tuition fees—HCC’s tuition fee is among the lowest in Florida
- On-campus luxury student housing
- International students from over 130 different nations
- Dedicated support services for international students
- Small class sizes
- A culturally diverse campus and learning environment
- You have the possibility to transfer to four-year universities throughout the U.S.
Study fields at HCC - an amazing college in Florida
Hillsborough Community College offers more than 160 academic programs so there is a lot to choose from. These are only examples:
- Business Management
- Criminology and Criminal Justice
- Computer Technology
- Digital Media
- Event Planning Management
- Hospitality and Tourism
- Political Science
- Records Management
- Social Sciences
- Sustainable Design
- Television Production
- Web Designer
Academic reputation of Hillsborough Community College
- HCC is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools (SACS)
- HCC has the highest enrollment among Tampa Bay colleges.
- Ranked fifth in the U.S. in awarded Associate Degrees.
- The majority of associate in arts (AA) graduates transfer to four-year universities.
Campus life at Hillsborough Community College
Hillsborough Community College has five campuses located in Tampa, Florida and surrounding Hillsborough County. Established in 1970, the Dale Mabry Campus is the largest and oldest campus. The Campus consists of seven buildings with over 500,000 square feet of classroom, laboratory, meeting and office space and hosts approximately 48% of HCC’s enrollment.
The campus excels in university transfer programs as well as career/technical programs in the health and computer sciences, culinary arts, hospitality and tourism management, business and international business studies. It is home to HCC’s Dental Clinic, Optician Clinic, Tennis Complex, intercollegiate athletic programs, and student housing facility, Hawks Landing. There are many possibilities to do sports on campus after classes and in your spare time.
Housing for college students in Florida
Hillsborough Community College offers luxury, on-campus, student housing. Conveniently located adjacent to the HCC Dale Mabry Campus, Hawks Landing has fully furnished 1, 2 and 4-bedroom apartments with high-speed Internet access, a resort-style swimming pool, a state-of-the-art computer lab, and a fitness center.
- Walking distance to class
- Private, spacious bedroom with complimentary Internet and cable TV
- Private bathroom
- Shared luxury kitchen, furnished living room
- Full-sized washer/dryer
- Resort-style swimming pool and beach volleyball court
- State-of-the-art fitness center
- Computer lab with printers and study stations
- Video game room and social activities
Student Activities and Support
Campus Involvement is a great way to make the most of your college experience. Students can increase their career and educational opportunities by participating in campus activities and organizations. Students can get involved in athletic teams, such as baseball or tennis, or they can join one of the many community college clubs!
The Office of Student Services and Enrollment Management provides support services and resources to help students explore their choices and meet any challenges that may arise.
Apply to Hillsborough Community College
Hillsborough Community College will evaluate your application in relation to your past and current studies. In general, Hillsborough Community College requires an average level of academic performance. The English admission requirement is a completed high school diploma with a minimum grade above average or that you take an English language test (TOEFL/IELTS test). Not all students have to take a test, so please reach out to us and it is considered case-by-case.
Questions? Ask us
We will help you with all your questions, application form and practical information. You do not pay anything for our service, you only pay directly to the college (tuition fee) if you decide to apply.
- Fall Semester (August-December): Application Due: June
- Spring Semester (January-May): Application Due: October
- Summer Semester (May-August): Application Due: March
There are limited scholarship opportunities through HCC’s Honors Institute for academically motivated students. Only existing Hillsborough Community College Honors students are eligible for scholarships. The HCC Athletic Department also offer scholarships to student athletes; however, these scholarship opportunities are very competitive.