Do you dream of studying in College in Florida? Hillsborough Community College (HCC) is a higher education institution offering affordable associate degrees. The college has five campuses located in Tampa, Florida and surrounding Hillsborough County. Students at HCC enjoy year-round sunshine, a vibrant cultural scene and some of the best beaches in the world!
Why study in Florida at Hillsborough Community College?
- A desirable location on Florida’s Central Gulf Coast with year-round warm weather and world-class entertainment
- Possibility to transfer to four-year universities throughout the U.S.
- Low tuition fees—HCC’s tuition is among the lowest in Florida
- On-campus luxury student housing
- International students from over 130 different nations
- Dedicated support services for international students
- Small class sizes
- A culturally diverse campus and learning environment
Study fields in college in Florida
The most popular study fields among international students:
Business Administration, Computer Technology, Engineering, Hospitality & Tourism Management, Liberal Arts, Social Sciences, Natural Sciences, Languages, Hospitality Management, Health Sciences, Education, College and Law.
Academic reputation of Hillsborough Community College
- HCC is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools (SACS)
- HCC has the highest enrollment among Tampa Bay colleges.
- Ranked fifth in the U.S. in awarded Associate Degrees.
- The majority of associate in arts (AA) graduates transfer to four-year universities.
Quick facts about Hillsborough Community College
- Number of students: more than 47,000 students.
- Number of international students: approximately 300 international students.
- Academic Calendar (intake months): August, January and May.
Campus at Hillsborough Community College
Hillsborough Community College has five campuses located in Tampa, Florida and surrounding Hillsborough County. Established in 1970, the Dale Mabry Campus is the largest and oldest campus. The Campus consists of seven buildings with over 500,000 square feet of classroom, laboratory, meeting and office space and hosts approximately 48% of HCC’s enrollment.
The campus excels in university transfer programs as well as career/technical programs in the health and computer sciences, culinary arts, hospitality and tourism management, business and international business studies. It is home to HCC’s Dental Clinic, Optician Clinic, Tennis Complex, intercollegiate athletic programs, and student housing facility, Hawks Landing.
Housing for college students in Florida
The college offers luxury, on-campus, student housing. Conveniently located adjacent to the HCC Dale Mabry Campus, Hawks Landing has fully furnished 1, 2 and 4-bedroom apartments with high-speed Internet access, a resort-style swimming pool, a state-of-the-art computer lab, and a fitness center.
- Walking distance to class
- Private, spacious bedroom with complimentary Internet and cable TV
- Private bathroom
- Shared luxury kitchen, furnished living room
- Full-sized washer/dryer
- Resort-style swimming pool and beach volleyball court
- State-of-the-art fitness center
- Computer lab with printers and study stations
- Video game room and social activities
Student Activities and Support
Campus Involvement is a great way to make the most of your college experience. Students can increase their career and educational opportunities by participating in campus activities and organizations. Students can get involved in athletic teams, such as baseball or tennis, or they can join one of the many community college clubs!
The Office of Student Services and Enrollment Management provides support services and resources to help students explore their choices and meet any challenges that may arise.
Apply to Hillsborough Community College
HCC will evaluate your application in relation to your past and current studies. In general, Hillsborough Community College requires an average level of academic performance.
The English admission requirement is a completed high school diploma with a minimum grade above average or that you take an English language test (TOEFL/IELTS test).
- Fall Semester (August-December): Application Due: June
- Spring Semester (January-May): Application Due: October
- Summer Semester (May-August): Application Due: March
Our study advisors will help you with all your questions, application form and practical information.