A picture is worth a thousand words. Here are 10 tips on how to visualize your best moments from your adventures through cool photos.
4. Selfie stick (minus the actual selfie)
It's a love-hate relationship, we know. It may not be something you'd normally want to acquire, but a cheap investment like this can make your images far better. With a selfie stick you can take photos over edges, in hooks and in heights your arms would otherwise not be able to reach.
10. Don't be afraid
Pictures of landscapes, sunsets and flowers may be interesting from time to time, but the best travel memories are often the ones that show the people you meet, the ones you travel with and not least, yourself. Tip: Ask other travelers if they want you to take a picture of them. That way they might return the favor and take one of you.
Finally, here's 5 quick tips:
- Keep an eye on the light, it is alpha omega when capturing a great photo!
- Avoid 'forced situations'. You know, the ones with the forced smiles and awkward eyes? People "in action" are much more interesting to look at!
- Look around! Is everyone facing their cameras towards one subject? Often, what happens around that, is much more exciting.
- Always have the camera available, even if it's just your mobile phone.
- Bring a disposable camera when traveling. Then you're guarantied to have something to look forward to when you return home. In addition, it's quite different to just snapping away photos on your phone.
Want to actually learn how to capture better photos?
Of course you want, otherwise you wouldn't be reading this. We've recently launched an amazing trip to Bali, where you will learn to be a better photographer. Read more about the trip here.