The Gold Coast is famous for fun. Doesn't that sound promising? The Gold Coast is located on the beach, which is amazing enough. It's not all though, there are also mountains and great parks in the area!
Student life along the Gold Coast
Gold Coast has many colorful markets, water sport opportunities, bars and clubs, amusement parks and nature - fun, fun, and more fun. It is a perfect place to relax on a beach and admire the impressive line-up of skyscrapers.
The centre of the sunny coastline is definitely the energetic and epic Surfers Paradise. The soft winds and beautiful waves allure both pros and beginners to enjoy the day on a board; the late-night shopping and cafes, music and restaurants on the beachfront make Surfers Paradise worth a visit! Student life won't get any better than this!
Climate at the Gold Coast
The Gold Coast area enjoy a sub tropical climate with warm and humid summer periods, while the winters are tempered and dry. Even if the summer can be really warm, you are saved from the much more intense summer heat that can be found in the northern, tropical parts of Queensland. The hottest month is January with an average temperature on 25 degrees celsius, while June is the coldest month with on average 15 degrees celsius.
5 great things to do at the Gold Coast
- Go to the great beaches of Broadbeach beach, Coolangatta beach, or Currumbin beach for great views, surf and swimming. For a cuteness overdose go to Currumbin beach, there is a dog park.
- The Gold Coast is famous for the fun. That means there is great nightlife. Go to the bars and clubs on Broadbeach or Surfer's Paradise.
- Surfing! The Gold Coast is famous for the swell. Rent a board, or if you stay longer, invest in a nice surfboard!
- Everybody needs green in there lifes. After studying hard it's a good idea to go to the rainforest. Walk in the canopy's of Tamborine Rainforest by doing the Skywalk, or go for a hike in Lamington and do the Gold Coast Hinterland Tree Top Walk.
- Go and visit Brisbane. Brisbane is the capital of Queensland and a great city to explore. It's just one hour drive from the Gold Coast.