)We offer free study guidance and help you with all the details and the application to your studies in lovely Bournemouth. We tell you how you can fund your studies, where to live, how to find your dream course and we make sure you don't miss any deadlines and important details.
Get free study guidance
We help you apply to:
- Bachelor (more than 150 degrees)
- Master (more than 100 degrees)
- Diploma (a specialization within your field)
- Academic English
- Summer School (2 weeks)
Bournemouth University offers professional and innovative learning. Graduates from Bournemouth are attractive to employers, as the university has boasted one of the highest employment rates in the UK for several years. Bournemouth also has a lovely beach and one of the warmest climates in Britain.
7 good reasons to study at Bournemouth University
- Highly ranked Media School, offering internationally renowned courses in Media Production, Journalism & Communication, Computer Animation and Corporate & Marketing Communications.
- 93,3 % of Bournemouth University's graduates are either employed or enrolled in further study within six months of graduation
- Bournemouth University has 2,000 international students from around 120 countries
- All undergraduate courses offer the opportunity of a professional placement (internship)
- Bournemouth University offers paid internships for Masters in Business, Tourism, IT and Technology across 29 courses, up to 12 months
- The Students’ Union has 100 clubs and societies ranging from academic, cultural, sports and special interest
- Free English language support is offered to international students, such as group classes and one-to-one sessions.
Bournemouth University’s good reputation
- Bournemouth has entered the ranks of the top 500 universities in the world for the first time, according to the Times Higher Education World University Rankings. BU is one of only four post-92 UK institutions within the worldwide top 500.
- Bournemouth University has stepped up in the ranks of the UK universities and ranks 63 out of the 119 UK universities, according to Guardian University Guide.
- BU is home to the National Centre for Computer Animation (NCCA), recognised as the best place in the UK to study computer animation and visual effects. The NCCA has been at the forefront of computer graphics and animation education and research in the UK since 1989 and was ranked top 10 in the world by 3D World Magazine, for animation and digital effects.
- Bournemouth University has 33 industry accreditations for its courses
Examples of study fields
At Bournemouth University you can study almost anything. How about Business, Management, English, IT or how about Environmental Biology, Animation or Archaeology?
Campuses at Bournemouth University
Bournemouth University has two campuses. The Talbot Campus is located approximately 3 km from the center, while the Lansdowne Campus is located in the center. The campuses may be in urban areas, but the proximity to the New Forest, The Purbecks, and the coast make them a valuable resource for biodiversity and you will enjoy the pleasant surroundings which are also a results of Bournemouth University’s biodiversity policy and plan. Some programs are also offered at Wiltshire College in Salisbury, which is located about 50 minutes north of Bournemouth.
Campus life at Bournemouth University
The climate and the surroundings make campus life very pleasant. SportBU offers activities for all interests and abilities. From gym membership, Social Sports, to a comprehensive Varsity Programme for performance athletes - there’s something for everyone! You may even volunteer to run and deliver some social sports activities yourself, thereby taking your social student life to another level.
If you’re not into sports, the student union, SUBU, run a wide range of clubs and societies. Joining one, or even several, of these is a great way to make new friends and settle into university life. SUBU is also responsible for running Dylans´s Kitchen & Bar on Talbot Campus, providing a range of cuisines, as well as The old Fire Station nightclub on Lansdowne Campus.
Bournemouth University aims at providing a world-class educational environment, and the university’s learning, social and support facilities and services are the results of this. Just swing by the Student Center to experience it yourself!
Student accommodation in Bournemouth
Finding a place to live, which makes you feel at home is also an important when you’re studying abroad. As an international student, you have many options of finding a place to live while studying, both on and off campus. Your options and availability depends on when you apply. This may be in Bournemouth itself or in the neighbouring town of Poole. If you prefer to rent in the private market, you can use the university housing office may assist you with information on how to find the right home for you.
Apply to Bournemouth University
The entry requirements vary depending on the specific degree you want to apply for. BU requires an average level of academic performance and they will evaluate your application in relation to your past and current studies, your grades and the courses that you are currently enrolled in.
The English requirement varies by program and study level. There are specific standardized English test scores (TOEFL/IELTS) set for the different study programs, however, you might be eligible for an exemption based on your Upper Secondary School English competence.