{{ section.name }} Help

We found {{ category.count + ' ' + (category.count == 1? category.label:category.pluralLabel) }} and {{ category.count + ' ' + (category.count == 1? category.label:category.pluralLabel) }} for '{{ searchTerm }}'

0 Results found

{{ section.name }} Help

Still didn't find what you were searching for?

Get in touch for expert advice from someone who has travelled the world.


Anna Hincheli Bjørum


In the event of an emergency while traveling you should always know the basics in relation to some of the following situations.


Make sure that you know the ambulance emergency number in the country/region where you are traveling. For urgent matters call your insurance company for guidance and always keep your travel insurance card/details in your money belt or somewhere obvious where medical staff can find it (if you are involved in an accident). Bring a first aid kit as part of your travel gear and keep it at the top of your backpack for easy access.

Dental emergency

If hell breaks loose in your mouth and you are in dire need of a dentist, please call your travel insurance company and ask for guidance. Usually they can refer to an acknowledged dentist or medical center in your area.

Lost passport

If you lose your passport you should report it to the police or local authorities and get a written report. Then contact the nearest embassy or consulate. They are able to provide you with a temporary passport and further guidance. If your country is not represented by an embassy or consulate in the region/country you are visiting, you should call the Foreign Service in your home country and ask for guidance. Citizens of the EU may contact another EU country-embassy to obtain a temporary passport. A temporary passport is (in most cases) only valid for homebound travel and NOT for onward travel.


In the unlikely event of death while traveling (e.g. a family member or a travel companion) you must urgently report to the travel insurance company as well as your country's embassy/consulate and the local authorities.

Credit card/mobile phone

If your credit card or mobile phone is stolen always know where to find the inactivation phone number. Your bank, credit card issuer and mobile phone operator usually has a 24 hour emergency number for blocking cards.


If you lose all your money you have various options: contact your travel insurance company for guidance, get friends or family to wire money through services such as Western Union or seek advice at the nearest embassy/consulate. It's a good idea to keep a little spare change (50-100 USD) several places in your luggage for emergencies, but never store larger sums than you can afford to lose in a second.

Lost travel documents

If you lose your travel documents such as tickets, car rental vouchers, adventure vouchers etc., don't worry too much. Most travel documents are electronically stored and your KILROY travel agent should be able to help you out. Our best advice is to store/scan/copy your travel documents and send them to your email or store them on a USB memory stick. By doing so, you have easy access to retrieving all documents. For other travel documents that are not replaceable, please contact your travel agent who issued the original document.


If you have been the victim of assault you should contact the police or local authorities and report the incident. Seek medical attention if needed and call your travel insurance company who can advise you further.

Detention and jail

In case you are locked up in a foreign country you should try to get in contact with the Foreign Service via the embassy or consulate. The laws of your home country do not apply in foreign countries and the conditions of some foreign jails are nowhere similar to those of your home country. Most countries allow contact to the embassy and a lawyer, but do not expect a speedy process and prepare for the worst. Our best advice is to keep out of trouble when travelling.

Extreme weather and natural disasters

If your travel is interrupted by flooding, tropical storms, earthquakes, armed conflicts, tsunamis or other natural disasters follow the guidelines of local authorities and try not to panic. If you are visiting an area with a high frequency of extreme weather, make sure that you know exactly what to do in the event of evacuation and emergencies etc.

Remember: a safe traveller is always a prepared traveller!

Kilroy.OutdatedBrowserBox.Text Kilroy.OutdatedBrowserBox.LinkText

Oops - The page you tried to reach is unavailable. We hope you find what you are looking for here