A place that's difficult not to like
USA is an ever popular destination, and especially road trips through the varied landscapes of the magnificent country are popular. Why? Because it's easy to navigate the roads, the variety of places to visit is enormous and the scenery in many places is absolutely spectacular.
What's the fuzz all about?
Open Spotify, roll down the windows, put on your sunglasses and prepare for an epic trip along deserted roads, through cozy beach towns and with stops in majestic national parks - all together with your favourite travel buddy! Here's why we keep coming back to the US!
1. The diversity
Whether you're into huge cities with scyscrapers, awesome beaches or national parks, USA has it all. That's one of the reasons the country is so popular and why we keep coming back.
2. Road trip opportunities are endless
You want an adventure, and you want to do it on your own? We hear you! Road trip in USA is amazing, and there are so many cool routes to choose from. No matter which one you'll end up choosing, you will for sure have an adventure for life.
How about cruising in the sun in Florida? Or enjoying the amazing scenery along Highway 1 in California? Or maybe you want to do the mother of all road trips - Route 66? Check out all our suggested routes here.
Rent your car with Alamo
Did you know, that if you're decide to book your rental car through Alamo with us, you'll have quite a few perks compared to other car rental options:
- No under-25 fee applies, if you're under... well 25... We have a great deal with Alamo that benefits especially the young drivers.
- You can do a pre check-in which eases the whole car rental process.
- Once you're picking up your car, you can actually choose whichever car from that category you have booked.
- Unlimited mileage in USA.
- All insurances are included.
- And much, much more...
3. The iconic surfing spots
You can't say USA without saying surfing. Well, technically you can, but they belong together. Some of the best surf spots is found along the American coast lines, and especially California and Hawaii have some famous spots.
If you're ever on a road trip in Hawaii, there are some great spots where you can test your skills on the board. Waimea Bay, Ehukai Beach and Waikiki Beach in Honolulu.
In California, you should check out this surf camp that takes you from Los Angeles to Dana Point in the southern part of California.
4. The national parks are mesmerizing
We've already mentioned it, but the national parks in USA is outta this world! It's easiest to reach the national parks by car, but of course you've already rented yours, so you should be good to go.
A few national parks that should be topping your bucket list are classics such as Yosemite, Yellowstone, Rocky Mountains, Grand Canyon, Zion or Great Smokey Mountains.
5. The food is amazing
One of the best reasons to travel is to taste food from all over the world. And the food in the US is really amazing. If you're traveling around on a road trip and you're into good food (who isn't?), here's a few cities with a reputable food scene that you might want to visit:
- San Francisco - Great food and has one of the very best food markets in the US!
- Chicago - Italian beef and delicious deep pan pizzas - what's not to like?
- Austin - Barbecues, Steaks, Tex-Mex! Prepare for a hot food adventure here!
- New Orleans - The European influence has not made the food scene here worse!
- Savannah - If you're into great seafood then set your GPS to Savannah in Georgia, you won't be disappointed.
Oh, and as you know. Everything is bigger in the US. That includes the sizes of the portions you get!
6. It's a great place to meet new friends!
Honestly, Americans are very, very outgoing and social. And no matter if you're traveling on your own or you're joining a group trip, there's a great possibility that you'll meet like minded young people from both the US and the rest of the world. Embrace that opportunity and get to know people!