Study in sub-tropical Queensland at one of the world's best universities: Griffith University. Griffith University has five campuses in sunny Queensland where you can surf, swim or do BBQ's with your friends after class. At Griffith University you can study practically everything e.g Business, Engineering, Medicine, Journalism, Law, Criminology, Dance, Music, Arts, Languages, Psychology or what about Photography or Oceanography? Anything is possible and we help you find your dream studies.
Get free study guidance
We offer free study counseling and help you with all the practicalities such as financing, application, housing and scholarships if you wish to study a:
- Semester or two (Study Abroad)
- Pathway Program and Diploma
- Postgraduate Diploma and Certificate
- Associate Degree
...at Griffith University.
Griffith University offers a subtropical climate and world-class education
Subtropical climate, a unique mix of nature and dynamic urban life, world-class education and pioneering research – that is what you’re up for at Griffith University. The Gold Coast and Brisbane are the perfect places to make the most of your student life: diverse and internationally-focused study opportunities, cultures, foods, traditions, friends, new life experiences and adventures await you!
Griffith University is known for its aspirations to meet the ever-changing needs of the students, industry and the community. Since day one, the university has had a strong sense of responsibility for the social and environmental aspects of the world and was the first Australian University to introduce a degree in environmental science. Griffith works closely with the businesses, the government and society to contribute towards social, scientific, technological, artistic and economic progress.
Griffith University's 5 campuses
Study at Griffith in:
- Downtown Brisbane (South Bank)
- Mt. Gravatt and Nathan (10 km from Brisbane CBD)
- Gold Coast (close to the beach)
- Logan (between Brisbane and the Gold Coast
Who can study at Griffith University?
If you have completed an Upper Secondary Education with satisfactory results, you are eligible to apply to study at Griffith. Studies at Griffith are for those who:
- take a gap year and want to try to live in Australia - study for a semester or two and take courses of your interest
- are already enrolled in a university in your home country and want to study a semester or two in Australia and transfer the ECTS-points to your education at home (also called Study Abroad/Freemover)
- dream of studying an entire Degree at Griffith e.g. a Bachelor or Master
- have completed a 2-year further education and want a ‘top-up’ to obtain a Bachelor's Degree
- who want to study their Ph.d. in Brisbane
5 reasons to study at Griffith University
There are many great reasons to choose Griffith, here are the top 5:
- 'Griffith Mates' is a team of Australian and international students dedicated to welcoming new students. These guys are a fun loving, helpful and their goal is to make your Griffith experience the best possible.
- Griffith University has relatively low tuition fees
- Study near the beach or in downtown Brisbane
- Griffith has more than 120 clubs on campus
- Griffith University is one of Australia's leading sport universities, offering degrees such as sports science and coaching. The facilities are excellent: tennis centre, aquatic centre and athletics track just give you an idea.
Accommodation at Griffith University
There’re different options of accommodation – one for each mindset.
On-campus accommodation is available at Gold Coast, Nathan and Mt Gravatt campuses. If you choose this option, you’ll be in walking distance from campus and you’ll quickly get to know other international and Australian students.
You can also choose the off-campus options, which can give you more freedom and might even be cheaper than the student housing options on campuses. The student guilds, International Student Advisors and the University’s accommodation service will assist you in finding your own place. The student guild on Gold Coast campus even offers a mini-van service during the orientation week to drive you around to view available rental places – just ask for help, be proactive and you’ll be sure to find place.
If you wish to live in a family environment, you may opt for the homestay alternative. A homestay is a good opportunity to take a deep dive into Australian lifestyle and to really get to know the local way of living. Of course homestay is a very different experience than living with your new university friends, and there nigh be some new family rules to learn.
We give you a smooth start to your studies in Brisbane
Through us, you can be sure to have the best start to your studies in Brisbane with an arrival package.
Read more about our arrival package for students in Brisbane.
Apply to Griffith University
Application deadlines to Griffith University are usually in January, May and September but please contact us should you wish to apply as the deadlines tend to differ from year to year.