Queensland University of Technology is located in Brisbane and is one of the most modern universities in Australia. The university is highly recognized nationally and internationally, both for its high level of education, as well as for its strong focus on preparing students for the realities of working life.
7 Reasons why you should study at Queensland University of Technology:
- QUT is known for its surname: 'A university for the real world'. The name comes from the university's close relationship with the community, its relevant work related teaching and its applied research. Perfect for students looking for a more practically oriented education!
- QUT is located in Brisbane, which has 24 parks and 261 days of sunshine each year. Life in Brisbane is awesome!
- The lecturers at QUT are leaders in their field, ensuring you a top level, state of the art education.
- The university has a Career Mentor scheme, linking students with industry professionals, so you can get a foot in the door in the industry.
- The university makes great efforts to ensure that international students feel at home. At QUT you are not just a person in the crowd, you are seen for who you are. Social events and excursions to nearby attractions are organized throughout the semester.
- You can choose among more than 600 courses, so you are guaranteed to find something that interests you.
- QUT's main campus is located in the heart of Brisbane's Central Business District, with easy access to shopping, nightlife and the city's cultural districts.
At Queensland University of Technology you can study e.g Finance, IT, Nursing, Design or what about Dance or TV/Film?
Campuses at Queensland University of Technology
QUT has two campuses: Gardens Point and Kelvin Grove.
Garden Point campus is located by the Brisbane River in the city center - right next to the Botanical Gardens and the Parliament House. From here, there's easy access to shopping, restaurants, theaters, galleries and public transport (including free shuttle buses, city buses, trains and ferries).
The Kelvin Grove campus is located in a beautiful area just 2 kilometers from downtown Brisbane. The campus has good access to public transport, with buses running to the city center and Gardens Point Campus every 10 min.
Student accommodation in Brisbane
QUT is located near student housing at the Kelvin Grove Campus. The residence is called Iglu Kelvin Grove and consists of a range of share apartment options that cater to Study Abroad students. Otherwise, the QUT Housing Office is happy to help you find accommodation on the private market. It is, however, fairly simple to find a place to stay in Brisbane.
Campus life at QUT
Campus life at QUT is great both inside and outside the classroom! The lecturers are good, the learning facilities great and atmosphere is friendly and welcoming.
QUT offer a broad range of facilities that are available to the students, including an art gallery, swimming pools, sporting facilities and fitness centers. However, it's not the facilities, but the people you meet, that will make your time at QUT truly memorable. In this aspect, QUT is really great; they put everything in place for you to meet as many new people as possible, by organizing social events and festivities throughout the year. On top of that, the university has more than 80 student clubs for you to join, whether you are into sports, politics, religion, gaming, movies, cooking, culture you name it!
Apply to Queensland University of Technology
Since Queensland University of Technology has continuous admission, we recommend that you send your application as soon as possible. To ensure that you have enough time to apply for visas etc., we recommend that you apply at least 3-4 months before the semester begins.
Being admitted to QUT requires good academic average from your previous education, as the admission office will evaluate your application in relation to your past and current studies.
The English admission requirement is a passed high school diploma with a minimum grade above average or that you have obtained the required score from a TOEFL or IELTS test:
TOEFL (International) Test Score Requirements
Minimum score 90 (min. 20 in each section)
IELTS (Academic) Test Score Requirements
Minimum score 6.5 (min. 6.0 in each section)
Please be aware that some courses and programs may require a test score higher than the ones stated above. Your test score cannot be more than 2 years old. Also, note that QUT requires all applicants to postgraduate programs to take an English language test.