Reach out to us and receive our free study guidance. Your personal study adviser helps you with all the practicalities such as financing, housing, scholarships and the application if you wish to study a:
- Semester (Study Abroad)
...at La Trobe University.
At La Trobe University you can study practically anything e.g International Business, Biology, Politics, Engineering or what about Urban Design or Chinese. Anything is possible.
La Trobe University allows you to experience the Australian lifestyle, beautiful campus environments and world-class teaching. You will have one of the best experiences of your life at La Trobe in Melbourne. Our student advisors offers free study counselling and can assist you with your application.
Arrival package in Melbourne
Through us, you can be sure to have the best start to your studies in Melbourne with an arrival package.
Read more about our arrival package for students in Melbourne here.
7 good reasons to study at La Trobe University
- La Trobe is amongst the 10 best universities in Australia in arts and humanities according to Times Higher Education World University Subject Rankings
- Education is adapted to the demands from the industry
- The university has a gorgeous campus area
- You will be taken good care of as an international student. La Trobe offers a wide range of support services that will help you succeed at university.
- Melbourne is considered one of the most LIVEABLE cities in the world famous for its diverse range of food, international festivals, coffee, small lanes, sport events and laidback lifestyle
- La Trobe offers a wider range of accommodation options and can assist you in finding either on-campus and off-campus accommodation
- You can participate in the many clubs and societies after class - how about Journalism, Media and Art Society, the Cinema Club, or a sports team or perhaps you would like to compete in Melbourne Marathon for Team La Trobe? One thing's for sure - you won't be bored after class!
La Trobe University and its accreditations
La Trobe is ranked among the Top 100 universities in the world for History, Sociology and Communication and Media studies. Moreover, seven of La Trobe’s subjects are in the world's Top 200 list: Linguistics, Agriculture, Psychology, Accounting and Finance, Education, Law, Politics and International studies (QS World University Rankings by Subject).
Accommodation at La Trobe University
La Trobe offers student housing on campus for those interested. If you study at Bundoora you can choose to live at Menzies, Chisholm, Glenn or the University Loge or Graduate House.
You can also stay in your own apartment or small house with Australian or other international students. Melbourne's many suburbs each have their own unique culture and identity and you'll love living amongst the locals. In the area around the Bundoora campus and the Melbourne CBD there are many options for renting apartments e.g. Macleod from where you can walk to university.
If you want to live off-campus in private accommodation, we would advise you to travel to Melbourne a week or two before courses commence, stay in a hostel in Melbourne and search for accommodation. La Trobe offers short-term accommodation if you need a place to stay while you settle into your new environment.
Apply to La Trobe University
La Trobe has continuous admission and we recommend you to contact us as soon as you know you're thinking about studying at La Trobe. We don't want you to miss any deadlines! The exact entry requirements vary depending on the specific degree you want to apply for. Generally speaking, La Trobe requires an average level of academic performance and will evaluate your application in relation to your past and current studies, your grades and the courses that you are currently enrolled in.
In certain cases, La Trobe can consider the English results from your Upper Secondary School Leaving Certificate. If you don’t meet the requirements, you’ll be required to take a standardized English language test like the TOEFL or the IELTS test. However, as English requirements vary from country to country, degree to degree and from year to year, we strongly suggest that you contact us to hear about the current requirements.
Your English results from Upper Secondary School (if these are to be considered), or the test score from the IELTS or TOEFL test must be no older than 2 years.