Curtin University is Western Australia’s largest and most culturally diverse university with students from 125 different countries. The campus is located just outside Perth and offers an amazing student experience where you can easily mix studies, beach, and unique adventures. Below, you will find basic information about Curtin University, study programs, accomodation, and the application process.
Why should I study at Curtin University?
- You get to experience Perth - one of the most liveable cities in the world with endless hours of sunshine. In fact, Perth gets more sunshine than any other Australian capital city!
- You get an international study experience and make friends from all over the world - there are around 16,000 international students from 125 different countries
- You can experience campus life at one of Australia's most modern campuses
- You get valuable real-life input from the university's cooperation with industry partners and international teachers
- You can mix studies with amazing beach life and outdoor activities
- You get a unique opportunity to explore the nature and wildlife of Western Australia
- ... and you just might experience flash mobs, the color run, giant outdoor karaoke, outdoor cinema and much, much more...
Curtin University has a great academic reputation
Many of Curtin University's professional programs have received acknowledgement by national and international organizations.
Curtin has been ranked 40th in the world for universities under the age of 50 in the QS World University Rankings. Curtin was also awarded five stars (out of five) in the QS Stars University Ratings.
Curtin was ranked equal 10th in the Times Higher Education’s list of the top 100 most international universities. In fact, Curtin has the third-largest student population of any Australian University with 50,000 students enrolled!
Curtin University and industry partners
In order for students to be sufficiently equipped with the necessary knowledge and confidence to make successful careers in the modern international market, Curtin University offers practical and industry-aligned degrees. Curtin has partnerships with more than 90 institutions worldwide and industry partners include e.g Alcoa, Bankwest, Rio Tinto, the Water Corporation and Woodside. Many of these partners work in the mining and resources industry, which is a big part of the growth of Perth and Western Australia.
Student accommodation at Curtin University
Curtin University offers almost 1,000 rooms in student accommodation on campus.
Many students get friends from all over the world, which often develop into valuable lifelong friendships. Approximately 75% of students living on campus are international students.
Most of the European students prefer to find off-campus accommodation together with other students. A popular area to live is South Perth between campus and the city center, but also Scarborough due to its proximity to the beach.
Apply to Curtin University
The academic year at Curtin University is divided in two semesters starting in February and July. Curtin has continuous admission and we recommend you start the application process as soon as you are ready.
Generally Curtin requires a good academic average from previous studies, as well as proof of English skills. In certain cases, Curtin can consider the English results from your Upper Secondary School Leaving Certificate. If you don't meet the requirements, you will be asked to take a standardised English language test like the TOEFL or the IELTS test. However, English requirements vary from country to country and from year to year, so we suggest that you contact us to hear about the current requirements.