We offer free study counseling and help you with all the practicalities such as financing, application, housing and scholarships if you wish to study a:
- Semester at University of Western Australia (Study Abroad)
- Bachelor at University of Western Australia
- Masters iat University of Western Australia
- Postgraduate Certificates/Diploma at University of Western Australia
- Ph.D. at University of Western Australia
At University of Western Australia you can study e.g Business, Marketing, Politics, Architecture, Medicine or what about Music or Fine arts?
University of Western Australia (UWA) is one of the oldest and most prestigious universities in Perth, Australia that has a wide range of programs, and is considered one of the leading research universities in the country. The university is beautifully situated near Swan River. The campus has large green spaces and imposing sandstone buildings.
7 good reasons to study at University of Western Australia
- UWA is known for the quality of its curriculum that attracts good students and lecturers from around the world.
- Although it is a large university you get very good support from lecturers and there is focus on group teaching and project work.
- You get offered many practical learning experiences within and outside the classroom.
- The faculties have strong industry partnerships that help us combine strong theoretical understanding with practical, real-world application.
- The atmosphere on campus is very good, with green spaces, peacocks wandering around, and an active student center offering all the services you need.
- Joining student-run clubs and societies adds fun and friendship to your UWA experience.
- UWA has a proud sporting tradition, and there are many sporting groups including activities and providing a highly regarded recreation centre on campus.
Awards won by University of Western Australia
The University of Western Australia is a member of "Group of Eight", the Australian co-operation between research universities. UWA has been ranked second in Australia for its bachelor programs, and ranks 87th in the world in the highly respected Shanghai-Jiao Tong University's Academic Ranking of World Universities.
Campuses at University of Western Australia
Crawley, the main campus at University of Western Australia has large green spaces and imposing sandstone buildings. It is situated on the Swan River Crawley and is constantly rated high in student feedback surveys. You can shop, play, eat and find entertainment here.
The other two smaller campuses at University of Western Australia are Claremont and Albany. Claremont is located less than three kilometers from Crawley. The Albany campus can be found at the south-coast town of Albany - a four-and-half-hour drive from Perth.
UWA has a large library, many computer rooms, sports center and swimming pool, cafes, pub, bookstore, bank, and numerous clubs you can get involved in. UWA has also invested heavily in modern laboratory and research facilities.
Student accommodation in Perth
UWA has standard on-campus student housing located right by the university. It is recommended to stay here at least one or two semesters. Otherwise, it is relatively easy to find housing in Perth usually sharing with other students. The private rental market can be a cheaper option than on-campus student housing.
Apply to University of Western Australia
University of Western Australia has rolling admission, but it's always good to apply as early as possible!
The English admission requirement is a completed high school diploma with a minimum grade above average(which can not be older than 5 years) or that you take an English language test like the TOEFL or the IELTS test.
TOEFL (International) Admission Requirements
- IBT - min. score 90 (min 22 in the written part and minimum 20 in the other sections)
- PBT - min. score 570 (minimum 4.5 in TWE)
- CBT - min. score 230 (minimum 4.5 in TWE)
When you take a TOEFL test you can ask the test center to send your results directly to the university you are applying to. Use the code 8644 when you register for the test online.
IELTS (Academic) Admission Requirements
- Min. score 6.5 (min. 6.0 in each section)
Some courses and programs may require that you have a higher score. Your test results cannot be older than 2 years.