Study in sunny Sydney, one of the world's most multicultural cities and study in walking distance to white beaches and great surfing. Macquarie University is one the best universities in Australia, and in the world, and Macquarie University is also the cheapest university in Sydney when considering the tuition fees. We help you every step of the way if you wish to apply to your dream education at Macquarie University. Our study guidance is free of charge.
Get free study guidance
- A semester or two/Study Abroad (during your gap year or as part of your studies at home)
- Bachelor (also double Bachelor Degrees)
- Master (also double Master Degrees)
- Certificate/Diploma (a specialization within your area)
5 good reasons to study at Macquarie University
- The lifestyle in Sydney and its suburbs will blow you away - who said surfing and BBQ's after classes?
- The main campus is in North Ryde in the most beautiful surroundings and lush green parks. The city campus is in Sydney's business district Wynyard
- Macquarie University is Sydney's most international university with more than 6,000 international students
- Macquarie University offers scholarships to international students (we'll tell you how to apply for them)
- Macquarie's sports facilities are among the best in Australia including two pools, soccer fields, tennis, squash, gym etc.
Courses at Macquarie University
You can study practically EVERYTHING at Macquarie University. How about:
- Climate Change
- Earth Sciences
- Environmental Management
- Marine Biology
- Film studies
- Public Health
- Engineering & IT
....and everything in between. The course list is very long and we are happy to help you find the degree and courses that you dream of attending.
Who can study at Macquarie University?
If you have completed an Upper Secondary Education with satisfactory results, you are eligible to apply to Macquarie University. Studies at Macquarie University are for those who:
- take a gap year and want to try to live in Australia - study for a semester or two and take courses of your interest
- are already enrolled in a university in your home country and want to study a semester or two in Australia and transfer the ECTS-points to your education at home (also called Study Abroad/Freemover)
- dream of studying an entire Degree (or a double degree) at Macquarie University e.g. your Bachelor or Master
- have completed a 2-year further education and want a ‘top-up’ to obtain a Bachelor's Degree
- want to study their Ph.d. in Sydney
Arrival package in Sydney
Through us, you can be sure to have the best start to your studies in Sydney with an arrival package. Read more about our arrival package for students in Sydney.
Student accommodation in Sydney & at Macquarie University
When studing in Sydney, Macquarie International can help you out with several types of accommodation, if you don't want to arrange accommodation by yourself. We recommend that you book the first 5 nights at a hotel or so, so that you have time to find accommodation together with someone, if you want to live outside campus.
- University accommodation
All university accommodation buildings are located on or near campus and have an onsite resident adviser who oversees logistics, arrival, departure and wellbeing of students.
- Private accommodation
There are several apartments or townhouses that are rented out to students located within 10-30 minutes from campus. You should view any potential private accommodation before you agree to move in to ensure the location is suitable and the accommodation is appropriate for your needs.
It is possible to stay with an Australian family in what we call a homestay. Homestays provides students with a bedroom, meals, and a quiet place to study. Homestays are not provided by the university, so students will need to contact homestay providers for more information.
Questions? Ask us
About the Macquarie University campus
Maqcuarie has two campuses:
- The City campus in the heart of Sydney's high-technology business precincts
- The North Ryde campus on 126 hectares of green parkland, with everything you need to study, live and play (30 minutes from downtown Sydney)
Macquarie University offers support services where you can talk to someone at any time about your work, health or career. Macquarie University also offers strong security so you will feel safe at campus. Moreover, the campus offers:
- University train station, offering a direct rail link to the city center
- Brand new multi-million dollar university library with Australia's only robotic retrieval system
- Private teaching hospital offering numerous medical services to students and staff
- Modern sport and aquatic center with indoor and outdoor heated pools
- University hub building offering numerous cafes and bars, banks and retail outlets
- Science and creative arts facilities among the best in the Asia-Pacific
Apply to Macquarie University
Since Macquarie University has continuous admission, we recommend that you send your application as soon as possible. The admission requirements for Macquarie University is good academic achievements. Your application will be evaluated in relation to your past and current studies, your grades and any courses that you have completed.
The English admission requirement is a passed high school diploma with a grade above average in English. You can also take an English test like the TOEFL or IELTS test in order to show proof of your English level.
TOEFL (International) score requirements
PBT - min. score 580 (Min. 53 in Listening, 52 in Reading, 59 in Structure and 5.0 in TWE)
CBT - min. score 237 (minimum 5 in writing, 19 in Listening and Reading, and 25 in Structure)
IBT - min. score 92 (At least 18 in Listening, 17 in Reading, 22 in Writing and 22 in Speaking)
IELTS (Academic) score requirements
Min. score 6.5 (min. 6.0 in each section)
Some courses or programs might require a higher TOEFL or IELTS test score than stated above. The test score must not be more than 2 years old.