Macquarie is Australia’s number one modern university, renowned for excellence in interdisciplinary research and teaching, a unique approach to learning, highly skilled graduates, and first-class facilities. We offer free study counseling and help you with all the practicalities such as financing, application, housing and scholarships if you wish to study a:
- Semester (Study Abroad)
...at Macquarie University.
What can I study at Macquarie University?
At Macquarie you can study practically anything. Contact us and we will tell you more about your study of interest and tell you how you can finance your studies at Macquarie, how about:
- Business e.g Accounting, Acturial Studies, Business Administration, Business Analysis, Commerce, Economics, Finance, HR, International Business, Management, MArketing
- Environment e.g. Animal behavior, Climate Change, Conservation, Earth Sciences. Ecology, Environmental Management, Environmental Science, Geographic Information Science, Geology and Geophysics, Marine biology, Sustainability, Urban Planning,
- Education e.g. Primary education, Teaching English as a Second Language, Early childhood, Indigenous education, Secondary education
- Media, Creative Arts & Communication e.g. Creative Writing, Dance, Film, Journalism, Media, Music
- Science e.g. Biology, Biomolecular sciences, Biotechnology, Astronomy and astrophysics, Chemistry, Earth Sciences, Geology and geophysics, Mathematics, Palaeobiology, Photonics, Physics, Statistics
- Health and Medical Studies e.g. Chiropractic, Cognitive and brain sciences, Medical science, Medicine, Physiotherapy, Psychology, Public health, Speech and hearing
- Engineering & IT e.g. Computer science, Electronics, Games design and development, Information systems, Mechanical engineering, Robotics, Software development, Telecommunications engineering, Web design and development, Wireless Engineering
- Law, Security and Intelligence e.g. Commercial law, Criminology, Environmental law, Governance, International law, Law & the media, Policing and intelligence, Public policy, Security studies, Social Justice
- Society, History and Languages e.g. Ancient history, Anthropology, Community services, Cultural studies, Development studies and culture change, English literature, Gender studies, Geography, Indigenous studies, International relations, International studies, Languages, Linguistics, Modern history, Philosophy, Politics, Social science, Sociology, Translating and interpreting, Urban planning
Who can study at Macquarie University?
If you have completed an Upper Secondary Education with satisfactory results, you are eligible to apply to Macquarie. Studies at Macquarie are for those who:
- take a gap year and want to try to live in Australia - study for a semester or two and take courses of your interest
- are already enrolled in a university in your home country and want to study a semester or two in Australia and transfer the ECTS-points to your education at home (also called Study Abroad/Freemover)
- dream of studying an entire Degree at Macquarie e.g. your Bachelor or Master
have completed a 2-year further education and want a ‘top-up’ to obtain a Bachelor's Degree
- want to study their Ph.d. in Sydney
7 good reasons to study at Macquarie University
- CEOs around the world rank Macquarie in the top 5 Australian universities for their graduate recruitment
- Nearly 90 per cent of our graduates under the age of 25 are employed in their first full-time job within six months of completing their study
- Study just 30 minute drive north of Sydney, one of the world’s most vibrant cities!!
- It's recognised for it's world-leading programs in business, environmental sciences, psychology, speech and hearing and wireless engineering.
- The university's Master of Applied Finance program is the world's largest
- Their Master of Business Administration program has been ranked among one of the best in the Asia-Pacific region.
- A key part of Macquarie's unique learning environment is PACE (Professional and Community Engagement), an initiative for opportunities to apply what are learned within their degree in real-life organisations and environments.
Arrival package in Sydney
Through us, you can be sure to have the best start to your studies in Sydney with an arrival package. Read more about our arrival package for students in Sydney.
Macquarie University: A 5 star university
Macquarie was awarded five stars in the international QS Stars rating system, were one of only 5 Australian universities to receive 5 stars in all categories, for its performance in:
- Graduate employability
- Specialist subjects
Student accommodation in Sydney
When studing in Sydney, Macquarie International can help you out with several types of accommodation, if you don't want to arrange accommodation by yourself. We recommend that you book the first five nights, which will give you a little time to find accommodation together with someone if you want to live outside campus.
- University accommodation
All university accommodation buildings are located on or near campus and have an onsite resident adviser who oversees logistics, arrival, departure and wellbeing of students.
- Private accommodation
There are several apartments or townhouses that are rented out to students located within 10-30 minutes from campus. You should view any potential private accommodation before you agree to move in to ensure the location is suitable and the accommodation is appropriate for your needs.
It is possible to stay with an Australian family in what we call a homestay. Homestays provides students with a bedroom, meals, and a quiet place to study. Homestays are not provided by the university, so students will need to contact homestay providers for more information.
Campus at Macquarie University
Maqcuarie has two campuses: The City campus located in the heart of Sydney's high-technology business precincts, and the North Ryde campus is set on 126 hectares of green parkland, with everything you need to study, live and play.
Macquarie University offers support services where you can talk to someone at any time about your work, health or career. Macquarie also offers strong security so you will feel safe at campus.
Macquarie University has 4 faculties: Arts, Human Sciences, Business & Economics, and Science. Campus facilities include:
- University train station, offering a direct rail link to the city centre
- Brand new multi-million dolar university library with Australia's only robotic retrieval system
- Private teaching hospital offering numerous medical services to students and staff
- Modern sport and aquatic centre with indoor and outdoor heated pools
- University hub building offering numerous cafes and bars, banks and retail outlets
- Science and creative arts facilities among the best in the Asia-Pacific
Apply to Macquarie University
Since Macquarie University has continuous admission, we recommend that you send your application as soon as possible. The admission requirements for Macquarie University is good academic achievements. Your application will be evaluated in relation to your past and current studies, your grades and any courses that you have completed.
The English admission requirement is a passed high school diploma with a grade above average in English. You can also take an English test like the TOEFL or IELTS test in order to show proof of your English level.
TOEFL (International) score requirements
PBT - min. score 580 (Min. 53 in Listening, 52 in Reading, 59 in Structure and 5.0 in TWE)
CBT - min. score 237 (minimum 5 in writing, 19 in Listening and Reading, and 25 in Structure)
IBT - min. score 92 (At least 18 in Listening, 17 in Reading, 22 in Writing and 22 in Speaking)
IELTS (Academic) score requirements
Min. score 6.5 (min. 6.0 in each section)
Some courses or programs might require a higher TOEFL or IELTS test score than stated above. The test score must not be more than 2 years old.