Sydney is a place where you won’t be bored. There are happenings going on all the time; events both on campus and in the city, festivals, shopping, restaurants, cafés, find your favourite student pub, and both indoor and outdoor activities, even if you’re on a tight budget.
Student life in Sydney
Sydney is a big, bustling city with a great mix of cultures and people. And when you get tired of the crowds, you have beautiful nature and exotic animals just a short distance from the city. How handy is not it to have your university and campus in middle of it all?
Sydney has a number of parks, galleries and festivals. In Sydney there are endless shopping opportunities, from high-end brands such as Gucci and Prada to the various curiosities found in the many markets scattered throughout the city. It is also Australia's main destination for international students and the center of the country's economy.
Sydney is made up of many different neighborhoods with their own charms and attractions. This is an excellent place to study for those who want to combine city and beach life. Sydney has a lot to offer for everyone.
Beaches in and around Sydney
One of the great things about being a student in Sydney is the beaches. Mixing serious studying with pleasure has never been easier, as you can head straight from class to the beach!
Sydney is close to no less than 35 beaches and some of the best ones are within a 10 km radius from the city center. With hundreds of beaches to choose from, you do not need to go far to find the perfect wave or claim your own place on the sand in Sydney. The three most popular beaches are:
- Bondi beach - is concidered the beach, almost right in the middle of Sydney
- Manly beach - just a short ferry ride away
- Coogee beach - enjoy the scenic walk from Bondi to Coogee beach
North of the Sydney the beautiful coastline stretch from Manly to Palm Beach with a relaxed beachside ambience. Along there beaches you have plenty of things to see and do. Enjoy stunning sand, waves and an enviable lifestyle!
Climate in Sydney
The climate in Sydney is temperate with warm summers and mild winters. The warmest month of the year is January with an average temperature of 18-25°C. The winter is mild and slightly cool. The coldest month is June with temperatures on an average of 8-16°C.
4 free activities in Sydney for students
As a student, you can have many nice experiences by exploring the different areas of Sydney and all they have to offer.
- Botanical Garden: Wander through the Royal Botanic Gardens, and enjoy the views. Every now and then you can also get a free outdoor concert during the summer here!
- Coastal walk: Do the breathtakingly beautiful coastal walk between Bondi beach and Coogee beach - it is a classic.
- Enjoy spectacular view: Marvel at the spectacular view of the Sydney Opera House right by the Sydney harbour.
- Take a walk or climb the Sydney Harbour Bridge: It's a nice walk over the Sydney Harbour Bridge! It is a steel through arch bridge across Sydney Harbour that carries rail, vehicular, bicycle, and pedestrian traffic between the Sydney central business district (CBD) and the North Shore. If you dare you can also climb it.
And... The best student bars. Ok, it might not be free if you wish to purchase something at the bar, but at least dancing is free and you just have to enjoy the awesome feeling of being a student in Sydney in one of these great student bars!