You can study practically anything at the University of Sydney e.g. Business, Marketing, Medicine, Performing Arts, Graphic Design, Veterinary Science and much more. Tell us about your study of interest and we tell you how you can finance your studies in Sydney, apply for scholarships and how to apply. Our study guidance is free of charge. Your personal study adviser helps you with all the practicalities such as financing, housing, scholarships and the application if you wish to study a:
- Semester (Study Abroad)
...at the University of Sydney. The University of Sydney is Australia's oldest and most prestigious university. It is also ranked as one of the world's best universities. Student life in Sydney is amazing, and we can assure you that you'll have the time of your life in Australia's largest and most international city.
Who can study at University of Sydney?
If you have completed an Upper Secondary Education with satisfactory results, you are eligible to apply to USYD. Studies at USYD are for those who:
- take a gap year and want to try to live in Sydney - study for a semester or two and take courses of your interest
- are already enrolled in a university in your home country and want to study a semester or two in Australia and transfer the ECTS-points to your education at home (also called Study Abroad/Freemover)
- dream of studying an entire Degree at USYD e.g. your Bachelor or Master
- have completed a 2-year further education and want a ‘top-up’ to obtain a Bachelor's Degree
- want to study their Ph.d. in Sydney
8 good reasons to study at the University of Sydney
- The main campuses are located minutes away from Sydney's city centre
- You receive world-class education at 16 faculties.
- The university has more than 200+ clubs and societies e.g. sports clubs.
- You get the most extensive course offerings in Australia.
- University of Sydney is accredited by EQUIS and AASCB
- The University of Sydney is recognized worldwide for its excellence in research and teaching.
- The university has more than 10,000 international students from 145 countries.
- The University of Sydney is the oldest in Australia and very prestigious.
Arrival package in Sydney
Through us, you can be sure to have the best start to your studies in Sydney with an arrival package.
Read more about our arrival package for students in Sydney here.
University of Sydney has impressive rankings
The University of Sydney is a member of Australia's highly prestigious 'Group of Eight' that recognizes universities for awards in research. University of Sydney has also been recognized by:
- University of Sydney is ranked 37th in QS World University Rankings.
- Times Higher Education Supplement placed the University of Sydney at #5 in the world for quality in "Arts and Humanities" and at #20 in biomedicine.
- Newsweek placed University of Sydney among the world's best universities on their Top-100 list.
- Accredited by EQUIS and AACSB
Student accommodation in Sydney
University of Sydney offers guaranteed accommodation at Urbanest, a new student accommodation complex just minutes away from Camperdown Campus. Our study advisors will help you apply for housing at Urbanest. Urbanest is just a few kilometres' walk from the city centre, allowing you to be close to the university and the excitement of Sydney. Rooms are fully furnished so you won't have to make any trips to IKEA. Also, you have Wi-Fi, a gym and 24-hour staff and security.
Campuses at the University of Sydney
University of Sydney has seven campuses around the Sydney area. The main campus Camperdown/Darlington is like a small town and it is located in the heart of Sydney surrounded by green parks, sports halls, museums, galleries and two large complexes that are used by students for a variety of recreational and student services.
If you study health related courses you will study at the Cumberland campus located at Lidcombe 16 km west of main campus. The Sydney Conservatorium of Music is located next to the Sydney Opera House. Sydney College of the Arts and Sydney Conversatorium of Music campuses do not have on-campus accommodation, but are only 30 minutes away by public transport.
In addition to a wide selection of study programs and courses you can also take part in a vibrant student life at University of Sydney. The university offers hundreds of student organizations. You can engage in organized sports, write for Australia's oldest student newspaper, visit the university's museums and art galleries, attend concerts, or just relax at one of the cafes on campus between lectures. University of Sydney is a very modern university and is equipped with the latest technology both in lecture halls, clinics and research labs.
Apply to the University of Sydney
Since the University of Sydney has continuous admission we recommend that you send your application as soon as possible. The University of Sydney requires an average level of academic performance and they will evaluate your application in relation to your past and current studies, your grades and the courses that you are currently enrolled in.
The English admission requirement is a completed high school diploma with a minimum grade above average (which can not be older than 5 years) or that you take an English language test like the TOEFL or the IELTS test. However, English requirements vary from country to country and from year to year, so we suggest that you contact us to hear about the current requirements.