We offer free study guidance to international students who wish to study at UTS. Your personal study adviser helps you with all the practicalities such as financing, housing, scholarships and the application if you wish to study a:
- Semester (Study Abroad)
...at the University of Technology, Sydney. The University of Technology Sydney (UTS) is a technological university with focus on innovation and practice-based learning. Despite being a relatively new university, UTS is an internationally recognized university with a superb central location in the metropolis of Sydney.
Who can study at University of Technology Sydney?
If you have completed an Upper Secondary Education with satisfactory results, you are eligible to apply to UTS. Studies at UTS are for those who:
- take a gap year and want to try to live in Australia - study for a semester or two and take courses of your interest
- are already enrolled in a university in your home country and want to study a semester or two in Australia and transfer the ECTS-points to your education at home (also called Study Abroad/Freemover)
- dream of studying an entire Degree at UTS e.g. your Bachelor or Master
- want to study their Ph.d. in Sydney
What can I study at UTS?
We help you apply to your dream study at UTS. The courses and degrees mentioned below are subject to change but in short you can study almost anything at UTS.
- Analytics and Data Science
- Business e.g. Entrepreneurship, MBA programs, Accounting, Finance, Management, Marketing
- Communication e.g. Digital and Social Media, Media Practice and Industry, Strategic Communication, Sports Media, Digital Information Management, Journalism, Media Arts and Production, Public Communication, Social and Political Sciences, Music and Sound Design, Writing
- Design, Architecture and Building e.g. Design Innovation, Built Environment, DAB Research
- Education e.g. Primary Education, Secondary Education, TESOL
- Engineering e.g. Biomedical, Civil and Environmental, Computer Systems and Software, Electrical, Engineering Management, Mechanical and Mechatronic, Systems and Operations
- Health e.g. Nursing, Midwifery, Sport and Exercise, Public Health, Health Science, Palliative Care, Health Services Management
- Health (GEM) e.g. Pharmacy, Genetic Counselling, Speech Pathology, Orthoptics, Physiotherapy, Pharmaceutical Science, Clinical Psychology
- Information Technology e.g. Computer Science, Data Analytics/Mining, Games, Graphics and Multimedia, IT Management and Leadership, Networking and Security, Software Development and Programming, Systems Design and Analysis
- International Studies e.g. Global Studies, Languages
- Law e.g. Juris Doctor, Legal Studies, Intellectual Property, Migration Law and Practice,
- Science and Mathematics e.g. Life Sciences, Mathematical and Physical Sciences
7 good reasons to study at University of Technology Sydney
- The location!! You get to study in the heart of Sydney!
- Affordable tuition, with some of the lowest costs for university programs in Sydney
- The close links with the industry contributes to the development of study programs
- Studies at UTS include project work, case studies and field work
- The high percentage of international students contributes to a diverse and exciting study environment.
- You'll have the opportunity to build an international network, since Sydney is one of the most multicultural cities in the world
- You will have access to bohemian neighbourhoods, colourful markets and sandy white beaches
Awards won by University of Technology Sydney
University of Technology Sydney has been awarded five stars in the latest QS Stars™ ratings, and internationally recognised for its high performance in research, employability, teaching and infrastructure.
UTS is the top young university in Australia, according to the QS Top 50 Under 50 and the Times Higher Education Young University rankings – and UTS is ranked #8 (QS) and #15 (THE) globally as well. Not bad for an institution that’s just 30 years old.
Arrival package in Sydney
Through us, you can be sure to have the best start to your studies in Sydney with an arrival package.
Read more about our arrival package for students in Sydney.
Fields of study
At University of Technology Sydney you can for example study Business, Engineering, Health Sciences or what about Forensic Science or Industrial Design?
Student accommodation in Sydney
As a student at University of Technology Sydney, you will have has a variety of accommodation choices around the city. Student accommodations in Sydney usually have their own bedroom with shared kitchen and bathroom.
The university's housing office has a housing guarantee for study abroad and exchange students and can also help you find housing on the private market. The area Bondi Junction has many apartments and is a popular area for students.
Campus at University of Technology Sydney
A 5-minute walk from Central station, Sydney's major transport hub, will take you to University of Technology Sydney. New, modern facilities provide a vibrant campus environment, where students can socialise, study and relax.
The campus area here is really nice and you have walking distance within it. There are a number of facilities at the University of Technology Sydney City Campus, such as restaurants, cafes, gym and shops just to name a few. You will probably not miss out on UTS' own student pub "The Loft", perfect for an after school!
In addition, there are several clubs and associations you can join. Students at University of Technology Sydney also have access to a range of support services - from help with English and a careers service, to medical and counselling services - many of which are free.
Apply to The University of Technology Sydney
University of Technology Sydney has rolling admission, but it's always good to apply as early as possible!
Semester 1 (starts in February): apply no later than December the previous year
Semester 2 (starts in July): apply no later than April/May
The admission requirements for University of Technology Sydney is good academic achievements. Your application will be evaluated in relation to your past and current studies and your grades.
The English admission requirement is a passed Upper Secondary School diploma with a grade above average in English. You can also take an English test like TOEFL or IELTS in order to prove your English level.
TOEFL (International) Admission Requirements
IBT - min. score 80* (min. 21 in Writing)
When you take the TOEFL test you can ask the test center to send your results directly to UTS. Please state the institutional code 0743 when you register for the test online.
IELTS (Academic) Admission Requirements
Min. score 6.5* (min. 6.0 in each section)
*Certain programs may require a higher score. Test results are valid for 2 years.