Study in sunny Sydney at one of the world's best universities, University of Technology Sydney (UTS). UTS is based in central Sydney, close to the shopping areas, cafés, restaurant, clubs and famous sights. Go to the world famous and iconic beaches Bondi and Coogee Beach, visit the Sydney Opera House, the Sydney Harbour Bridge and the Royal Botanic Garden after classes.
Sydney is one of the most popular study destinations, and we really understand why!
Get free study guidance
Study at UTS in Sydney - This is how we help you
We offer free study guidance to international students who wish to study at University of Technology Sydney. We help you with all the practicalities such as financing, housing, scholarships and the application to UTS if you wish to study a:
- Semester (Study Abroad)
...at the University of Technology Sydney. If you wish to study at UTS and decide to apply, you pay the tuition fee directly to the university.
6 good reasons to study at University of Technology Sydney
- The location!! You get to study in the heart of (sunny) Sydney!
- Affordable tuition, with some of the lowest costs for university programs in Sydney as well as one of the most generous scholarship programs in Australia with up to 12 million AUD awarded to international students each year.
- UTS industry partners shape UTS course content – so when you graduate, you’re ready to deliver real solutions to the challenges of today and tomorrow.
- Studies at UTS include project work, case studies, field work and internships
- The high percentage of international students contributes to a diverse and exciting study environment
- You will have access to Sydney’s iconic sights, bohemian neighborhoods and many, many beaches
What can I study at UTS?
We help you apply to your dream study at UTS. You can study almost anything at UTS, and these are just examples:
- Analytics and Data Science
- Business e.g. Entrepreneurship, MBA programs, Accounting, Finance, Management, Marketing
- Communication e.g. Digital and Social Media, Media Practice and Industry, Strategic Communication, Sports Media, Digital Information Management, Journalism, Media Arts and Production, Public Communication, Social and Political Sciences, Music and Sound Design, Writing
- Design, Architecture and Building e.g. Design Innovation, Built Environment, DAB Research, Fashion and Textiles, Visual Communication, Project Management
- Education e.g. Secondary Education
- Engineering e.g. Biomedical, Civil and Environmental, Computer Systems and Software, Electrical, Engineering Management, Mechanical and Mechatronic, Cyber Security
- Health e.g. Nursing, Sport and Exercise, Public Health, Health Science, Palliative Care, Health Services Management
- Health (GEM) e.g. Pharmacy, Genetic Counselling, Speech Pathology, Orthoptics, Physiotherapy, Pharmaceutical Science, Clinical Psychology
- Information Technology e.g. Computer Science, Data Analytics/Mining, Games, Graphics and Multimedia, IT Management and Leadership, Networking and Security, Software Development and Programming, Systems Design and Analysis
- Law e.g. Juris Doctor, Legal Studies, Intellectual Property, Migration Law and Practice
- Science and Mathematics e.g. Life Sciences, Mathematical and Physical Sciences
Who can study at University of Technology Sydney?
If you have completed an Upper Secondary Education with satisfactory results, you are eligible to apply to UTS. Studies at UTS are for those who:
- take a gap year and want to try to live in Australia - study for a semester or two and take courses of your interest
- are already enrolled in a university in your home country and want to study a semester or two in Australia and transfer the ECTS-points to your education at home (also called Study Abroad/Freemover)
- dream of studying an entire Degree at UTS e.g. your Bachelor or Master
- want to study their Ph.d. in Sydney
Student accommodation for international students in Sydney
As an international student at University of Technology Sydney, you will have a variety of accommodation choices around the city. Most international students at UTS in Sydney, choose to find private accommodation meaning sharing an apartment or a house with other students.
You can also choose to live on campus, and we are happy to tell you more about the facilities etc.
UTS Housing offers comfortable, affordable and convenient living options. They also have a housing priority for study abroad and exchange students.
Life on campus - University of Technology Sydney
UTS is located only a 5-minute walk from Sydney's Central station. There are a number of facilities within the UTS city campus, such as restaurants, cafes and a gym just to name a few. For a a break after class, head to UTS's own student pub "The Loft"!
UTS also has over 180 clubs and societies where like-minded students meet, socialize and contribute to the UTS community. At UTS, you also have access to a range of support services - from help with English and a careers development service, to medical and counselling services.
Apply to The University of Technology Sydney
University of Technology Sydney has rolling admission, but it's always good to apply as early as possible!
- Semester 1(starts in February/March): apply no later than November the previous year
- Semester 2(starts in July): apply no later than end of April
The admission requirements for University of Technology Sydney is based on academic achievements. Your application will be evaluated in relation to your past and current studies and your grades. There are also English language proficiency requirements for all courses. You can also undertake Englighs language tests such as IELTS or TOEFL to achieve this.
Awards won by University of Technology Sydney
University of Technology Sydney has been awarded five+ stars in the latest QS Stars™ ratings for its high performance in research, employability, teaching and infrastructure.
UTS is the top young university in Australia, according to the QS Top 50 Under 50 and the Times Higher Education Young University rankings – and UTS is ranked #11 (QS) and #1 (THES) globally as well. Not bad for an institution that’s just 30 years old.
Arrival package in Sydney
Through us, you can be sure to have the best start to your studies in Sydney with an arrival package.
Read more about our arrival package for students in Sydney here.