Do you want to study in Sydney close to world famous beaches like Coogee and Bondi? University of New South Wales (UNSW) is globally recognized for its high level of teaching, research and state-of-the-art facilities. As a result, graduates are highly sought after by employers.
Get free study guidance
This is how we help you
Reach out to us and receive free study counseling and the answers to all of your questions about studying at the University of New South Wales. We help you with all of the practicalities and we tell you how you can finance your studies in Sydney, how to apply, find accommodation and everything in between. We help you with a:
- Semester (Study abroad) - for gap year students and those already enrolled in a university at home
...at the University of New South Wales.
5 good reasons to study at University of New South Wales
- UNSW is one of Australia’s leading universities, and offers over 900 programs
- UNSW has an unbeatable location in Sydney, close to the main business district and famous beaches like Coogee and Bondi
- With more than 50,000 students from over 120 countries, you will make friends from all over the world!
- UNSW arrange awesome events, such as concert performances, sports tournaments and public forums on issues such as the environment, healthcare and global politics
- The UNSW campus has a really nice and relaxed vibe with student pubs, shops and cafes, as well as 200 clubs and societies
What can I study at University of New South Wales?
At UNSW you can study practically anything. We help you find your dream studies, how about Law, Art & Design, Science, Medicine, Business, Biomedical Engineering, Social Science, Media Arts, Computer Science, Mining Engineering, Real Estate Studies or Exercise Physiology, just to name a few areas.
Accommodation in Sydney
UNSW offers on-campus accommodation. At UNSW Colleges, all meals are included and you’ll receive support and academic mentoring, making it a good choice for undergraduate students living alone for the first time. Contrastingly, the self-catered and furnished UNSW Apartments, are intended for independent undergraduates and postgraduate students. You can also choose to find your own accommodation which a lot of international students do. Living in your own shared apartment or house with other students, is just amazing. We experience that a lot of students fear about not finding a place to live, but this is never an actual problem. There's plenty to choose from in Sydney.
Campuses at University of New South Wales
UNSW has seven campuses around Sydney. The main campus is located on a 38-hectare site in the suburb of Kensington. No matter where you’re travelling from, the Kensington Campus is easy to get to via public transport.
In addition to a wide selection of study programs and courses, you can also take part in a vibrant student life at UNSW. There is a nice vibe at UNSW campuses and it is a community of its own, with a grocery store and many student pubs to hang out at. There are student communities for all kinds of interests, from Harry Potter Society to Soccer Society.
You can find a large variety of food and retail services, including banks, bars, cafes and convenience stores, and a health center, optometrist, dentist, doctor, physiotherapist and more at UNSW campus.You can find everything from counselling, medical services to support on how to get your studies back on track.
Who can study at University of New South Wales?
If you have completed an Upper Secondary Education with satisfactory results, you are eligible to apply to UNSW. Studies at UNSW are for those who:
- take a gap year and want to try to live in Australia - study for a semester or two and take courses of your interest
- are already enrolled in a university in your home country and want to study a semester or two in Australia and transfer the ECTS-points to your education at home (also called Study Abroad/Freemover)
- dream of studying an entire Degree at UNSW e.g. your Bachelor or Master
- have completed a 2-year further education and want a ‘top-up’ to obtain a Bachelor's Degree
- want to study their Ph.d. in Sydney
Impressive rankings for University of New South Wales
UNSW is the founding member of the Group of Eight, a coalition of Australia's leading research-intensive universities, and a member of the Universities 21 network. The university has also been recognized by:
- The Australian Good Universities Guide for receiving a maximum five star rating in the three employ-ability indicators; getting a job, starting salaries and positive graduate outcomes
- Crunchbase for producing more technology entrepreneurs in the past 15 years than any other Australian university
- Ranked 21st in the world for employer reputation in the QS World University Rankings.
Apply to University of New South Wales
Since UNSW has continuous admission, we recommend that you send your application as soon as possible. The entry requirements vary depending on the specific degree you want to apply for. UNSW requires an average level of academic performance and they will evaluate your application in relation to your past and current studies, your grades and the courses that you are currently enrolled in.
English requirements vary from country to country and from year to year, so we suggest that you contact us to hear about the current requirements.
Arrival package in Sydney
Through us, you can be sure to have the best start to your studies in Sydney with an arrival package.
Read more about our arrival package for students in Sydney here.