University of New South Wales (UNSW) is located in Sydney, close to world famous beaches like Coogee and Bondi. The university offers a wide variety of study options and support services, and is globally recognized for its high level of teaching, research and state-of-the-art facilities. As a result, graduates are highly sought after by employers. Reach out to us and receive our free study guidance. Your personal study adviser helps you with all the practicalities such as financing, housing, scholarships and the application if you wish to study a:
- Semester (Study abroad)
...at the University of New South Wales.
8 good reasons to study at University of New South Wales
- One of the leading research and teaching universities in Australia. You will receive a high-quality education, and learn from dedicated teachers, academics and professors.
- One of Australia’s leading universities, has a wide range of study options with over available 900 programs!
- UNSW has an unbeatable location in Sydney, close to the main business district and famous beaches like Coogee and Bondi!
- With more than 50,000 students from over 120 countries, you will be able to make friends from all over the world!
- UNSW arrange many public events, such as concert performances, open days and public forums on issues such as the environment, healthcare and global politics
- It's a really nice and relaxed vibe on campus where you can choose from many student pubs, shops and cafes, as well as 200 clubs and societies!
- Modern and safe campus accommodation, at a good standard!
- Global networks and partnerships with both local and global communities allows UNSW to share knowledge, debate and research outcomes
Arrival package in Sydney
Through us, you can be sure to have the best start to your studies in Sydney with an arrival package.
Read more about our arrival package for students in Sydney here.
Impressive rankings for University of New South Wales
UNSW is the founding member of the Group of Eight, a coalition of Australia's leading research-intensive universities, and a member of the Universities 21 network. The university has also been recognized by:
- The Australian Good Universities Guide for receiving a maximum five star rating in the three employability indicators; getting a job, starting salaries and positive graduate outcomes
- Crunchbase for producing more technology entrepreneurs in the past 15 years than any other Australian university
- Ranked 21st in the world for employer reputation in the QS World University Rankings.
Campuses at University of New South Wales
UNSW has seven campuses around Sydney. The main campus is located on a 38-hectare site in the suburb of Kensington. No matter where you’re travelling from, the Kensington Campus is easy to get to via public transport.
In addition to a wide selection of study programs and courses, you can also take part in a vibrant student life at UNSW. There is a nice vibe at UNSW campuses and it is a community of its own, with a grocery store and many student pubs to hang out at. There are student communities for all kinds of interests, from Harry Potter Society to Soccer Society.
You can find a large variety of food and retail services, including banks, bars, cafes and convenience stores, and a health center, optometrist, dentist, doctor, physiotherapist and more at UNSW campus. UNSW offers support and resources if you need help with your personal life, getting your academic success on track or just want to know how to stay safe. You can find everything from counselling, medical services to support on how to get your studies back on track.
Student accommodation in Sydney
UNSW offers on-campus accommodation. At UNSW Colleges, all meals are included and you’ll receive support and academic mentoring, making it a good choice for undergraduate students living alone for the first time. Contrastingly, the self-catered and furnished UNSW Apartments, are intended for independent undergraduates and postgraduate students. You can also choose to find you own accommodation.
Apply to University of New South Wales
Since UNSW has continuous admission, we recommend that you send your application as soon as possible. The entry requirements vary depending on the specific degree you want to apply for. UNSW requires an average level of academic performance and they will evaluate your application in relation to your past and current studies, your grades and the courses that you are currently enrolled in.
English requirements vary from country to country and from year to year, so we suggest that you contact our study advisors to hear about the current requirements.
UNSW can consider good English grades on your Upper Secondary School diploma/leaving certificate. If the English requirement isn’t waived you will have to take a standardized English language test (IELTS/TOEFL).