Green River College is a two-year college located in Auburn, Washington - 45 minutes south of Seattle. Through Green River’s 2 + 2 program, you can take the first two years of your bachelor’s degree and then transfer to top universities globally. For High School graduates (from age 16+) you can experience the American college life for 3, 6, or 9 months as Green River offers a unique Study Abroad (Gap Year) program.
We offer free study guidance for the following study levels in Seattle:
- Intensive English Program (11 weeks)
- Study Abroad (minimum age is 16, straight from high school)
or study a gap year in college in USA:
- College option 1: Study 3 months at Green River and then transfer to Santa Barbara City College in California (tuition fee is the same)
- College option 2: Study 3 months at Green River, in New Zealand for 10 weeks and the final 3 months at Green River
- College option 3: Study at Green River for 3 months and then transfer to Hawaii to Kapi’olani Community College (tuition fee is the same)
The big advantage of studying at Green River College
At Green River you can study for one or two semesters, do an associate degree or follow the University Transfer Program. This means you have the opportunity to complete the first two years of a bachelor's degree at Green River and then continue your bachelor's degree without delay at an American university.
Why European students enjoy studying at Green River College:
- It is affordable.
- There is a large variety of classes to choose from. Great transfer opportunities.
- You create close friendships with students from all over the world.
- Gorgeous surroundings – close to national parks where you can hike and snowboard.
- Close to Seattle - a world-class city with many wonderful attractions.
- Lots of opportunities to get involved through clubs and activities. There is something for everyone.
- Great opportunities for growth – leadership, on-campus jobs, volunteering in community.
- Very caring environment – personal attention from faculty and staff.
- Great facilities including on campus housing and a new student union building.
- Fun orientation for new students – helps you to make friends and feel at home fast.
Study at a top university in the USA
Twice a year, over 100 renowned American universities, like for example University of California Berkeley, come to Green River to recruit international students for their study programs. By completing the Green River University Transfer Program, you have the change to be recruited for one of the many top universities in the USA.
Other well-ranked transfer universities are e.g. Columbia University, Brown University, UCLA, New York University, Michigan State University etc.
Student accommodation at Green River College
Green River College offers well-equipped accommodation options. You can live with fellow students in an on-campus apartment, or you can decide to live with an American family. You can choose between the following accommodation options:
- On-campus housing
Green River is one of the few American colleges where you can live on campus. The on-campus accommodation consists of fully furnished apartments that you share with four other students. Each apartment has private bedrooms, two bathrooms, a kitchen, a living room, full internet access and a TV and telephone connection.
You can also choose to live with an American host family.
There is always an option that suits your needs and budget. Our study advisors will be happy to give you more information.
Green River College offers full support to international students, including on-campus accommodation, personal study guidance, intensive English language courses and excellent study facilities to make your studies a success.
Green River offers excellent campus facilities such as:
- Excellent sport facilities;
- An extensive library;
- A technological center;
- A science center;
- Wireless network throughout the campus;
- Free internet access;
- Airport meet and greet service.
Apply to Green River College
If you would like to study at Green River, you will need at least a High School diploma and be at least 16 years of age. If you would like to apply, please contact our study advisors to hear about the current requirements.
The English admission requirement is medium English grades from your High School. If your English grades are not sufficient, you will need to take an English language test (TOEFL/IELTS test).
We recommend that you send us your application 3-6 months before study start. If you are interested, please contact us.