We offer free study counseling and help you with all the practicalities such as financing, application, housing and scholarships if you wish to study a:
- Semester at the Sunshine Coast (Study Abroad)
- Bachelor at the Sunshine Coast
- Postgraduate coursework programs at the Sunshine Coast
- Diplomas at the Sunshine Coast
At the University of the Sunshine Coast you can study anything e.g. Politics, Business, Design, Marketing or Biomedical Science, PR and much more. Anything is possible.
University of the Sunshine Coast is a modern, relatively small university located in the beautiful rural surroundings of the Australian Sunshine Coast at only 90 kilometers from Queensland's capital city Brisbane. The university offers excellent education in small classes from outstanding and devoted teachers and support staff who engage students and foster their curiosity.
5 good reasons to study at University of the Sunshine Coast
- Studying at USC means studying in a place where people are open-minded and very friendly.
- The relaxed everyday life and the lovely weather on the Sunshine Coast make you feel like being on a very long summer holiday during your studies.
- USC gives you the opportunity to live and study with people from all around the world.
- The favourable campus location offers you the possibility to travel to many unique places in Australia, like Brisbane, Fraser Island, Gold Coast, Whitsundays Islands and the outback from Ayers Rock to Darwin.
- As well as an excellent study destination, the Sunshine Coast is one of Australia’s best lifestyle locations.
Awards won by University of the Sunshine Coast
USC was ranked in the top 20 percent of Australian universities in three key categories of ‘The Educational Experience’ in Hobsons Good Universities Guide. USC received five stars for:
- teaching quality,
- overall graduate satisfaction, and
- graduates’ satisfaction with the generic skills they gained while at university.
It also gave USC four stars for staff qualifications and three stars for student-staff ratio.
Campusses University of the Sunshine Coast
USC's main campus is Sippy Downs. The Sippy Downs campus is centrally located in Sunshine Coast at 15 minutes from Mooloolaba. UCS also has other two considerably smaller campuses; the South Bank campus in Brisbane and the Melbourne campus.
You will experience a personal and friendly atmosphere on campus. The university is doing its utmost to make your student life as successful as possible. The facilities are up-to-date and new and the lecturers friendly and professional. Bordering a nature reserve, the sustainable Sippy Downs campus is shared with wildlife, including many kangaroos.
USC’s Sippy Downs campus offers many first-class facilities and services to make your time at university as comfortable as possible, like:
- modern teaching and learning spaces,
- an award-winning library,
- many cafes and restaurants, like the Brasserie, Café J, Café C, the Sports Café,
- a bookshop,
- an Olympic-standard swimming pool,
- sport and fitness facilities
- an art gallery, which hosts a range of exhibitions focusing on contemporary art and design practice.
- events services, with venues and facilities available for hire.
Three privately owned, fully furnished student accommodation complexes are conveniently located next to the Sippy Downs campus in Sunshine Coast. The complexes are:
- Varsity Apartments
- The Village
UniCentral, Varsity Apartments and The Village are all linked by pathway to the campus, which is an easy three–minute walk away. Public transport and the local shopping centre are within easy reach.
There are privately owned student accommodation providers in Brisbane who mainly offer accommodation to students in shared apartment complexes. If you would like to rent your own house, apartment, townhouse or flat, you can do that through real estate agents and private providers.
Living with an Australian family gives you the opportunity to experience the Australian culture and speak English on a daily basis. Standards-based Homestay is an option for all students and may be particularly appealing to those students coming to Australia for the first time.
The University of the Sunshine Coast has teamed up with the Australian Homestay Network (AHN) to give international students the opportunity to be hosted by a specially trained AHN homestay host for their introduction to accommodation and living in Australia.
Students with a disability can contact the Disability Adviser. Support services are available if you have a disability, health or medical condition that affects your access whilst on campus.
Apply to University of the Sunshine Coast
Since USC has continuous admission we recommend that you send your application as soon as possible.
The exact entry requirements vary depending on the specific degree you want to apply for. Generally speaking, USC requires an average level of academic performance and will evaluate your application in relation to your past and current studies, your grades and the courses that you are currently enrolled in.
In certain cases, USC can consider the English results from your Upper Secondary School Leaving Certificate. If you don’t meet the requirements, you’ll be required to take a standardized English language test like the TOEFL or the IELTS test. However, as English requirements vary from country to country, degree to degree and from year to year, we strongly suggest that you contact us to hear about the current requirements.