If you dream about studying in the heart of Melbourne we have to say that RMIT would be the right choice. RMIT is a global university of technology and design, and Australia’s largest tertiary institution. RMIT enjoys an international reputation for excellence in practical education and outcome-oriented research, preparing graduates for success in a rapidly changing world.
Reach out to us and receive our free study guidance. Your personal study adviser helps you with all the practicalities such as financing, housing, scholarships and the application if you wish to study a:
- Semester (study abroad)
- Diploma/Pathway - (English for Academic Purpose, 10 weeks long, starts every 5 weeks)
At RMIT University you can study practically anything e.g Business, Law, Engineering or what about Criminology or Food Science. Anything is possible. We help you become a student at RMIT.
7 good reasons to study at RMIT (Royal Melbourne Institute of Technology)
- RMIT is actively engaged with industry and the community
- International students can choose from between 500 study programs and courses
- RMIT is located in Melbourne, one of the most liveable cities in the world
- RMIT campus has been an integral part of Melbourne's character for more than one hundred years
- RMIT has over 100 student clubs, societies and collectives to choose from
- RMIT has free study support (expert advice on writing assignments, developing your ideas, presentation skills, and techniques to improve your study)
- You’ll learn from internationally recognised experts at the forefront of their fields. Many are established industry leaders, research innovators and they are engaged specialists in their fields
Arrival package in Melbourne
Through us, you can be sure to have the best start to your studies in Melbourne with an arrival package.
Read more about our arrival package for students in Melbourne here.
Academic reputation of RMIT
RMIT has a strong international reputation for their excellent work in work-related education and high quality of research and involvement in the industry and the local community.
RMIT currently holds the following rankings:
- RMIT is ranked 32nd worldwide among universities under 50 years old (QS World University Rankings)
- 12th in the world for International Students (QS World University Rankings)
- 5 Stars rating for excellence in Higher Education, Employability, Teaching, Engagement, Infrastructure and Internationalization (QS Stars rating)
- Top 100 in the world for graduate employability by 5000 global employers worldwide (QS World University Rankings)
- Top 100 universities in the key subject areas of Communication and Media Studies, Computer Science and Information Systems, and Accounting and Finance – and in the top 150 in subject areas including Engineering, Economics, Education and Pharmacy (QS World University Rankings)
Accommodation in Melbourne
Finding accommodation is always a great concern for international students but finding accommodation in Melbourne is not very hard. If you are looking for private accommodation however, we advice you not to pay for anything before you've seen the place. A good idea is to arrive to Melbourne one or two weeks before your courses begin and go hunting.
Also, RMIT can help you find student accommodation in Melbourne and helps to organize:
- Student apartment complexes where students can live on campus, share apartments and live under safe conditions.
- Homestay / full board, for those who want to live with a family and learn more about the Australian way of life and simultaneously improve their English.
- Private student hostel accommodation, which are private hostels where students have private bedrooms and share bathroom, kitchen and living room with other students.
- Share and rental accommodation, where several students share a house where they get their own bedroom but share kitchen, living room and bathroom.
Campus at RMIT University
RMIT University is known for its urban presence, and it’s main city campus forms a significant part of the central Melbourne citiscape. At the campus you can join a club or society, get a free weekly breakfast or take part in our walking tours, fitness classes, markets, cinema screenings and live music events when classes are over for the day. There’s something for everyone at RMIT. Within reach you will find plenty of cheap and healthy food and drinks. You’ll also be in walking distance to hundreds of local restaurants and cafes, QV food courts and the famous Queen Victoria Market.
RMIT Village is student accommodation and housing in Melbourne.
- City (main campus) (0 km from the CBD, downtown Melbourne)
- Bundoora (18 km from CBD, downtown Melbourne)
- Brunswick (5 km from CBD, downtown Melbourne)
In addition, RMIT has campuses for specialized fields of study:
- Point Cook - Airline Pilot programs (20 km from CBD)
- International campuses in Vietnam (RMIT Vietnam).
Apply to RMIT University
Since RMIT has a continuous admission we recommend that you send your application as soon as possible. The RMIT University admission requirements is a reasonable grade average from your last studies. They will also evaluate your past and current studies, your grades and the courses that you already have completed.
The English admission requirement is a passed high school diploma with a minimum grade above average (which can not be older than 5 years) or that you have obtained the required score from a TOEFL or IELTS test.