Reach out to us and receive our free study guidance and the answers to all of your questions. We tell you how you can finance your studies at AUT, how to find accommodation, how to find the cheapest flight tickets and insurance and we help you find your dream study. AUT is for those who wish to study a:
- Semester (Study Abroad)
....in amazing Auckland.
Who can study at Auckland University of Technology?
If you have completed an Upper Secondary Education with satisfactory results, you are eligible to apply to AUT. Studies at AUT are for those who:
- take a gap year and want to try to live in New Zealand - study for a semester or two and take courses of your interest
- are already enrolled in a university in your home country and want to study a semester or two in New Zealand and transfer the ECTS-points to your education at home (also called Study Abroad/Freemover)
- dream of studying an entire Degree in Auckland e.g. your Bachelor or your Master
- want to study their Ph.d. in Auckland
What can I study at Auckland University of Technology?
AUT offers over 250 undergraduate and postgraduate programs within seven different faculties; Applied Humanities, Business, Design and Creative Technologies, Te Ara Poutama, Applied Science, Health and Environmental Science and School of Education. How about:
- Art and design
- Business and economics
- Colab: creative technologies e.g. design, digital media, computing, engineering and entrepreneurship
- Communication studies
- Engineering, computer and mathematical sciences
- Health sciences e.g. nursing, midwifery or psychology
- Hospitality, tourism and events
- Language and culture e.g. International studies, Japanese or Creative Writing
- Social sciences and public policy
- Sport and recreation
- Te Ara Poutama: Māori and indigenous development
- And much more....
Auckland University of Technology (AUT) is the "university of the changing world". This university is New Zealand's newest and fastest growing university. It is centrally located in Auckland with all facilities nearby. And we can help you become a student in Auckland, giving you the experience of a lifetime!
7 good reasons to study AUT University in Auckland
- Auckland has been ranked the world’s third-best city for quality of living in Mercer’s Quality of Living survey.
- 91% of AUT students find employment immediately or within six months after graduation
- Courses with strong emphasis on practical skills and experience
- Many programs involve a cooperative education component (work placement), where students join a commercial enterprise for a semester and apply skills and knowledge in the real world.
- Study Abroad students can take four papers in a semester, or two papers and a fully supervised internship paper, which lets students experience the New Zealand workplace via the Study-internship option.
- High lecturer-to-student ratio, classes are typically small and interactive.
- Affordability of the New Zealand has improved in the last 18 months
Awards won by Auckland University of Technology
- In the QS World University Rankings by Subject, AUT achieved three rankings in the top 300 lists: Art and Design (top 100 in the world), Accounting and Finance (top 150 in the world), Business and Management (top 300 in the world).
- The Times Higher Education’s lists AUT as the most international university in New Zealand and the twelfth most international university in the world
- AUT is ranked among the top 50 universities worldwide for Art and Design
Campus & Accommodation at Auckland University of Technology
Auckland University of Technology has four campuses. The primary campus is the City Campus, located on Wellesley Street. The three secondary campuses: North Shore, South, and the Millennium Institute of Sport and Health (AUT Millennium Campus). The City Campus and the North Shore Campus both have an International Student Support Office and Student Accommodation. Wellesley Student Apartments is the City Campus Option. There are 4-5 bedrooms and two bathrooms in each apartment. Different options available (single gender, mixed gender, gay friendly and faculty-based apartments), different sizes (small, standard, large) and prizes. Akoranga Student Village (North Shore Campus option): Students studying at North Shore Campus can still consider living in the City Centre, as there will be a lot more going on there.Auckland University of Technology offers a full range of accommodation options. These include University student apartments, hostels and homestays for those who prefer to live in a family environment. A popular choice with Study Abroad students at the City Campus is the Wellesley Student Apartments. It is located three minutes’ walk from the centre of campus, and five minutes’ walk to the heart of the city. The complex consists of four or five bedroom apartments (fully furnished). Each apartment has two bathrooms and a fully equipped kitchen and lounge. Students can also rent privately, but they should be made aware that flats are often unfurnished.
Apply to Auckland University of Technology
Auckland University of Technology has ongoing admission. If you are interested in this university, please contact our study advisors as soon as possible to receive detailed information about the application process for your preferred study program at AUT. We will send you the application form, guide you through the whole process and make sure you have all the necessary forms, certificates and letters included in your application.
- Undergraduate: Average grader from Upper Secondary School
- Postgraduate: Requirements that depend primarily on previous academic qualifications.
- Study Abroad: Students can apply for SA without being enrolled at a home university. If they have not completed any prior higher education, this should be stated when you send the application.
English requirements for undergraduate degree and Study Abroad UG level:
- Norway: 4 or better from VGS
- Sweden. VG in English A and English B
- Denmark: 7 in English A-level or 10 in English B level
- Iceland: grade 9 in English from student’s Stúdentspróf (from Gymnasium) (Matriculation Certificate). Applicants with English grades outside of this will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
- Finland: A grade of 8 or better in English in the Upper Secondary School Certificate
- Netherlands: AUT not require IELTS for undergraduate program requiring standard IELTS for applicants schooled in the Netherlands. AUT do not have a specific grade requirement for applicants born and schooled in the Netherlands. As long as the program is a standard undergraduate program AUT will not be asking for IELTS.
Time limit: 2 year time limit. If the results are more than 2 years old, AUT would refer this to the faculty for review. If students have not achieved the above grades, they will have to take a standardized English language test (e.g. IELTS or TOEFL).
Postgraduate degree and Study Abroad PG level:
Normally required to take an IELTS/TOEFL test. Students may be exempt from the English language requirements if their previous studies were undertaken in a native English speaking country.